Baby after vsg, need to get back on track!

Jem4212
on 4/19/17 5:06 am
VSG on 10/23/15

Hello everyone im Jade and I'm new to this group. I had my surgery in October of 2015 weight was 235 I lost @ 50 lbs 185 before I found out I was prego in July of the following year. I only gained @ 25lbs with my pregnancy and am now back down to 198. I'm nervous cause I feel I can eat more than I should be.. I'm looking for tips to get back on track? Do I start from day one diet or what? Help?!! As soon as I go for my 6 week follow up I'm hoping I get the ok for exercise. I was on no working out or lifting anything over 10lbs during pregnancy due to a complication so I couldn't work out. So if anyone has any tips I would love some ideas on getting back on track! Thanks everyone!

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 4/19/17 8:10 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Congrats on the new baby!

I've had trouble getting back on track, and it's still a struggle-- and my little guy is 17 months old now. I definitely feel you! It's hard to get back to the way things were pre-op when life has changed so much, that's for sure. No more loooong gym sessions after work, no more dinners that take a long time to prep, and I have to be a lot more flexible.

Starting from day one won't be of much use, because we can't live on protein shakes forever. By this point, your sleeve has fully healed and matured and you'll be able to eat a larger volume than you could immediately post-op as well. Your best bet is to go "back to basics" with dense lean protein first and foremost. Exercise when you can, but don't feel bad if you can't get right back to pre-op levels right away. And most of all, be kind to yourself!

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Gwen M.
on 4/19/17 11:39 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Thankfully you know how you should be eating since you were doing it before :)

Prioritize protein and water. Avoid refined and processed carbs. Track everything you put into your mouth and get back to eating the way you were before you found out you were pregnant.

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

dr_spatula
on 4/19/17 10:34 pm
VSG on 07/27/12

Oh, I'm so glad I logged back in tonight after being gone for a few years! :) CONGRATULATIONS on your pregnancy and birth! :) I completely hear you about getting back on track. I had a TT, brachioplasty, and mastopexy/augmentation back in mid-2014 when getting to 165-170 (VSG back in 2012) and then got pregnant in October 2014...had an amazing little girl in July 2015 and I'm STILL struggling. I'm right around 218 and basically gained way more weight than I intended to during pregnancy. It's so discouraging! I'd love to be a support and to also talk with y'all who are experiencing this, too.

Most Active
Recent Topics