Have a date...work?

MonaLyssa33
on 4/16/17 11:42 am - Minneapolis, MN
VSG on 02/20/17

My job has me on my feet for most of the day and requires a lot of walking, so I took 4 weeks off. Needless to say I would not have been ready to go back to work (even if I worked at a mostly-sitting job****il at least 10 days after. I had no complications, but there are so many things you will not expect to hurt that will hurt. My reasoning for taking 4 weeks myself was because when I returned I would have just started solids and I really did not want to be throwing up at work if I had an issue with something, plus I was still learning how to get in all of the water I needed. I highly, highly recommend taking more time off and/or postponing the surgery until work isn't as crazy and you won't have to worry about taking time off.

Highest Weight ~400, Surgery Weight 293, Current Weight 227, Goal Weight 180

Highest BMI: 59.1, Current BMI: 32, Goal BMI: 25

VSG on February 20, 2017

Maria_Wilent1273
on 4/17/17 9:52 am

I was out for 4 weeks. I am a quick healer and good with pain but I was completely exhausted. You don't want to go through all this and then rush back to work. Your health depends on this and knowing that you can rest and heal will keep you from getting stressed. Take the time to heal, its worth it.

bruindiva92
on 4/17/17 10:53 am
Revision on 03/29/17

I had RNY and hernia repair on 3/29. I planned for 5 weeks off. I too have a desk job as a fund manager but I was not ready to return to work in 2-3 days. The pain was no joke and I was walking very slow, tired easily and took naps 2-3 daily.

If you have paid time on the books, please use it. You may need to disclose your surgery, in very generic terms. Will your surgeon allow you to return to work so soon? For me, I had to take a minimum of 4 weeks.

As H.A.L.A. stated, this is MAJOR surgery and nothing to sneeze at. Please put yourself first and allow your body to heal.

Most Active
Recent Topics