Whatcha eating today? Thursday, 4/6/2017

Gwen M.
on 4/7/17 10:55 am
VSG on 03/13/14

It IS brutal, yes. :/ And I definitely feel that we made the right choice to treat when that was the choice, but at the end further treatment was definitely not the right choice anymore.

Radiation was always easier for my dad than chemo was, so I hope that is the case for yours as well. Hang in there and make sure to include selfcare for YOU in your life. I truly believe that WLS, and everything that came along with that, is what helped me to make it through my dad's health and decline. WLS led to me finding a therapist and really working on shoring up my own foundation. Before this I was a kite drifting in the wind and I don't think I would have been able to survive everything that ended up happening.

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

CC C.
on 4/7/17 11:18 am

I couldn't have made it through losing my mom without therapy and it has helped tremendously with dealing with my feelings about my dad's cancer. I often wonder how people manage to go through awful or difficult things in their lives without a good therapist!

I so hope your dad's experience with radiation holds true for my dad and that it gives him a few more good years...

Gwen M.
on 4/7/17 11:24 am
VSG on 03/13/14

I wonder the exact same thing. Then I remind myself "well not everyone is the same as you, Gwen..." but, yeah. Totally wonder :P

I hope so as well for your dad! For what it's worth, I never regretted any of the treatment we did opt for with my dad. Part of that, of course, is who knows what would have happened if he hadn't had one of the treatments?

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Kristi T.
on 4/6/17 9:57 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Gwen, Cecily and Stacy, I wish you all a peaceful day. Family brings forth both heartache and joy, that's for sure!

B-4oz Noosa yogurt w/ Kashi Go Lean Crunch

L-1 hard boiled egg, mozzarella stick and 1/2 apple

S-Premiere shake

D-Meeting friends at Applebee's...probably order steak and bring home leftovers for lunch tomorrow.

W&V-on track

E-walk my dog

Set up my new membership to our health club, will start going tomorrow morning and swim laps. I hope everyone has a wonderful day. Finally a little sun here today!

jachristmas
on 4/6/17 12:34 pm
VSG on 12/14/16

The sun has returned after all those crazy storms and brought with it some chilly winds. After much thought, I decided not to make the 3 hour trip to the courthouse to hear the sentencing given to the truck driver who hit my mom and step-dad. I just don't need any extra stress. The assistant DA kindly called me and gave me the rundown of how it went and that was sufficient. But it all still sucks!

B egg and Canadian style bacon

L leftover steak

S premier protein shake

D Tyson grilled Southwest chicken strips

Vitamins and water good. Walking at the ball field.

Most Active
Recent Topics