What were your most common mistakes starting out?

Sai F.
on 3/24/17 8:38 am
VSG on 09/02/16

Once I had my revision from band to sleeve, with the new freedom of never getting stuck, I reverted back to to eating too fast. After that I had to work on chewing any dense food >20 chew per bite to correct it, to make it a habit again. Another is night time cravings where it always peaks at about 10:30 pm, and I had to find ways to direct my attention to other things I enjoy doing or exercise.

Banded June 2009- Allergan 10mL AP-S

Revised to Sleeve in September 2016

Alese M.
on 3/26/17 5:21 pm - FL

You have done so well....those damn bad habits do test our brain but you have done so well. Keep it up.

alese

alese in SE FL    

Sai F.
on 3/26/17 6:48 pm
VSG on 09/02/16

Thanks Alese :D. Yes, definitely a mental and emotional daily test. I keep reminding myself if I slip on a stair, I wouldn't throw myself down the rest of the staircase. Little by little, day by day.

Banded June 2009- Allergan 10mL AP-S

Revised to Sleeve in September 2016

Alese M.
on 3/26/17 6:58 pm - FL

Got your message Sai and your welcome. Loved the message you just posted....little by little and day by day becomes a new habit... with water!!

alese

alese in SE FL    

(deactivated member)
on 4/2/17 12:51 pm
VSG on 01/12/17

Thank you! I have been trying to be very conscious of my actions, and when I make a mistake I work hard to figure out how not to do it again. Not been a perfect couple months, but I'm definitely not unhappy with myself.

Gwen M.
on 3/24/17 9:36 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Hm. At three years post-op, it's hard to identify something I'd call a mistake early out. I did eat salmon that was too dry once, and that sucked.

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Nikke2003
on 3/24/17 12:48 pm - PA
VSG on 05/13/13

I STILL will put too much food on my plate if I haven't weighed/measured. I guess it's the whole "eyes are bigger than the stomach" thing. I have gotten better, but still tend to do this at times almost 4 years later!

For more info on my journey & goals, visit my blog at http://flirtybythirty.wordpress.com

mollymckim
on 3/24/17 1:28 pm
VSG on 01/25/17

I am 2 months out and my biggest mistakes have been eating too fast and trying to eat things that don't agree with me. Unfortunately when this happens, I get an upset stomach for the rest of the day and therefor don't get my protein and water in. Its a snowball effect...

I also have trouble with the "last bite" syndrome. It is such a hard habit to break.

diane S.
on 3/25/17 11:54 am

Yeah, snacking is a major mistake unless its baby carrots or some such thing. One veteran out there makes his snacks only vegetables like snow peas or celery. Its a way to get those in.

My big mistake was thinking that once I got to mushy soft foods I could get all my protein in that way and abandon protein drinks. Wrong. I simply could not hold enough food to get protein. I had to keep using protein shakes for some time.. I disliked them and gradually figured out ways to tolerate them more. Even now I should probably use them. GL And of course get plenty of water in. Diane S

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Alese M.
on 3/26/17 5:17 pm - FL

HI Mersh....I have snacking issues too. Your answer was right on point and will use it...BTW: I noticed how well you've done....CONGRATS!! Keep it up-you can do it....alese

alese in SE FL    

Most Active
Recent Topics