What were your most common mistakes starting out?

mi75
on 3/23/17 10:09 am
VSG on 06/01/14
(deactivated member)
on 3/24/17 4:51 am
VSG on 12/28/16

Your reply helped me. Diet soda was a huge issue for me preop and some days I really crave it still. I keep telling myself I should have one 'just to see' but I'm afraid I'll be full blown 60 oz a day after that. I struggle to get my 60 oz of water but never had a problem downing 3 or 4 20 oz bottles of diet pop during a day! It's a good reminder not to do it.. At least not yet. I'm 3 months out. Maybe when I get to six.

mi75
on 3/24/17 5:03 am
VSG on 06/01/14
theAntiChick
on 3/23/17 10:10 am - Arlington, TX
VSG on 08/17/16

Eating too fast, not chewing well enough are definitely my biggest mistakes. I still fight them.

The one that causes me the most pain (literally) is the "one more bite". I despise throwing up so much that I will fight it and fight it, so I'm miserable for about 20 minutes until the nausea and pain passes every time I do this. It serves as a pretty good reminder not to do it, until a few weeks pass and I forget and do it again. You'd think I'd learn for good at some point.... LOL.

At 7 months out, my biggest problem is I forget to eat, and so I'm not getting my protein in some days. Then after a couple of days of not eating enough, I get really hungry and feel like eating all day for a couple of days.

* 8/16/2017 - ONEDERLAND!! *

HW 306 - SW 297 - GW 175 - Surg VSG with Melanie Hafford on 8/17/2016

My blog at http://www.theantichick.com or follow on Facebook TheAntiChick

Blog Posts - The Easy Way Out // Cheating on Post-Op Diet

(deactivated member)
on 3/23/17 10:36 am
VSG on 01/12/17

Getting all the protein in my surgeon told me too is hard. Like you, I just forget to eat, and I think since my nerves are still jumbled up in there I can't even tell when I'm full so I'm being extra careful. I was eating 4 oz of food, which I thought was okay, but then after reading some comments about maybe not knowing when I'm full, I cut it to 2 oz measured out to make sure I wasn't stressing the staple line. Thankfully I haven't thrown up yet, I think I got close once after eating too fast, had intense pressure in throat/chest and thought I was going to die lol.

Erin T.
on 3/25/17 8:21 am
VSG on 01/17/17

I do this too. I eat very lightly for a couple/few days because of being busy or forgetting to eat. The weekends are especially bad. I normally try to remember to get a shake at the end of the day at least. But then I'll go for a couple days were the hunger is intense and I have to fight my brain all day to not over eat.

VSG: 1/17/17

5'7" HW: 283 SW: 229 CW: 135-140 GW: 145

Pre-op: 53 M1: 22 M2: 12 M3: 12 M4: 8 M5: 10 M6: 11 M7: 5 M8: 6 M9-M13: 15-ish

LBL/BL w/ Fat Transfer 1/29/18

Notaboutperfect
on 3/23/17 11:51 am
VSG on 11/08/16

I echo everyone on the last bite syndrome. Someone said on one of these forums (I'm sorry I can't remember who) that she tries to eat under her sleeve. That stuck with me and I'm trying to get to that level, but the amounts are so small that my brain doesn't understand!! My biggest lesson (I can't call it a mistake) was learning the difference between head hunger, acid reflux, and hunger. I really don't feel true hunger (yet?), so I had to learn why I wanted to eat. I'll probably work on my food relationship for the rest of my life!

Sabrina J.
on 3/23/17 12:29 pm
VSG on 04/10/17

So glad you asked this question...I will be following. I am scheduled or VSG on April 10. It is awesome that you have lost 77llbs in just over 2 months - congrats - you must be doing things right!! Keep it up and it is good to see that you are aware of your snacking, etc. You got this!!

(deactivated member)
on 3/23/17 12:41 pm
VSG on 01/12/17

Good luck on your surgery! It is scary but so far it is the best thing I have ever done for myself! You will do fantastic

Sabrina J.
on 3/23/17 12:53 pm
VSG on 04/10/17

I am scared but I see so many people who are happy they had it. For too many years I have yo-yo'd and I feel like this is a tool that will help me and that with success I will be motivated. I am definitely working on the emotional and social aspects. Looking forward to seeing your progress!

Most Active
Recent Topics