public admission so I get back to basics

diane S.
on 3/20/17 12:27 pm

Well, don't beat yourself up. It hurts and wears out a perfectly good stick. Just move forward and try not to be in the same situation. Absolutely everyone on this board has had this happen. Acknowledgement of the event is a good start. But the one you are accountable to is yourself. Think of it as a kindness to yourself if you skip unhealthy food. Hmm, gotta remind myself of that too. Diane S

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Anita
on 3/20/17 12:59 pm

Thanks Diane......the mental check-in is what helps - I'm not into the pain of an actual beating .....and, yes, I know that I'm not any different that just about anyone here....we didn't get this way on cottage cheese, so I know that if any group of people fully understand, this group does for sure. I'm figuring that by being open about it, hopefully it can help someone else who might be struggling, but also puts the onus on me to be honest about getting back on track before I run into trouble.

As always, the support system here is like no other. People who aren't in our shoes don't always understand the issues and concerns.....but this community does, so we support each other.

So far today I've been right on my plan......and feeling good about it too!!!

Good friends are like stars. 
You don't always see them but you always know they're there. 

Readyjwc
on 3/20/17 3:05 pm
VSG on 01/05/17

Good for you to hold yourself to that standard! Now don't do it again or we'll have to sew a big "P" on the front of your shirt! lol. I suppose some members may not have read The Scarlett Letter. Oh well.

I'm glad you posted this - it reminds all of us to get back on the horse if we happen to slide off.

-Jan

Height 5'4 Starting weight: 225 Surgery weight: 216 Goal Weight: 135 Surgery date: 1/23/17 Portsmouth, NH

The little engine that could.....

Anita
on 3/20/17 3:21 pm, edited 3/20/17 8:22 am

Thanks Jan......got a good laugh out of your note. I'm headed to the gym....didn't get there all last week because I was basically snowed in for 4 days....snow for 2 days and ice for another 2......and crabby / cold for another day or so........ In the meanwhile, today is all good and we don't have to break out that "P".....on the other hand, I'm drinking lots of extra water today to flush everything through, so I may need that letter after all

Kathy S.
on 3/20/17 3:20 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

mi75
on 3/21/17 1:47 pm
VSG on 06/01/14

I'm in the same boat, I had to publicly declare my struggle/gain so that I could get back in control and get this regain off.

I have struggled a lot in the past several months but feeling pretty good right now. just KEEP COMING BACK. like any 12 step program, returning every day to the accountability group makes a huge difference.

for what it's worth, I AM a Catholic, and these days the priests go pretty easy on us with our penance...i'm pretty sure he would tell you 'good job for owning it,meditate on it daily and think about your choices'

Anita
on 3/21/17 2:50 pm

Thanks......funny....I just got off the phone with one of my friends who said the same thing about her priest....he'd tell me that I took the right first step and it's all good......

Meditating......I do it just about every day......and now I'm headed to the gym....will meditate in the sauna after my workout.

Best to you too with getting back on track and staying there.....every day is a new day and as long as we don't give up on ourselves, we'll do just fine!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics