Whatcha Eatin' Today? Monday, 6MAR17

Gwen M.
on 3/6/17 10:17 am
VSG on 03/13/14

1: protein shake

2: protein bar (unusual extra meal but I started feeling not great during class and needed to eat)

3: ham and cheese

4: egg roll in a bowl

liquid and vites: on track

exercise: pre-race physical therapy

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

mmsmom
on 3/6/17 10:27 am - Woburn, MA

B: cored out bagel, toasted with swiss cheese

l: made a turkey and cheese sandwich on a sandwich thin - it was so dry, at about 1/3 and tossed it ugh... nothing is tasting good

D: i have chicken breasts - no idea what I'll do with them

E: went to the gym, bored on each machine - I'm miserable today - LOL

L/V: working on it

VSG on 04/28/2014

Rachel B.
on 3/6/17 6:03 pm - Tucson, AZ
VSG on 08/11/08 with

Sounds like a 'blah' day. Hope your evening is more pleasurable!

"...This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away, to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. What he was doing..."

Rachel, PMHNP-BC

HW-271 SW-260 LW(2009)-144 ~ Retread: HW-241 CW-190 GW-150

Rachel B.
on 3/6/17 2:36 pm - Tucson, AZ
VSG on 08/11/08 with

I'm really glad to see you back, Gwen!

"...This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away, to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. What he was doing..."

Rachel, PMHNP-BC

HW-271 SW-260 LW(2009)-144 ~ Retread: HW-241 CW-190 GW-150

Anita
on 3/6/17 11:49 am

Good morning....I don't usually respond to these posts (mostly because I'm lazy), but I read them so I get ideas and motivation.

My scale is creeping lately (all in the right direction, but still slowly) and I suspect I know mostly why, but hopefully by being on this thread, I'll be seeing lower numbers again soon.

I returned to the gym about a month ago and have been going 3 or 4 times a week and I'm there for over an hour each time.....more like an hour and a half. I know I'm putting on muscle, which accounts for the scale not moving, so I'm not frustrated because the clothes that were a little snug a month ago are now loose....woo hoo!!!! BUT......I have 3 big weddings this year and my goal is to be down another 20 pounds by the first one in June.....going to San Jose for my boyfriend's daughter's wedding. Then in August to Lake Tahoe for my nephew and then in October (still not sure where) for my son. I also have another nephew's daughter's first birthday party later this month and I'll be seeing people I haven't seen in ages, so I want to wow them.....actually, there is one person I really don't particularly care for, so I want that person's jaw to drop.....LOL.

Breakfast has never been my favorite meal because it usually doesn't sit all that well. So, shakes work best for me since I can take my time and on the real plus side I get a big jump on my daily proteins.

Vanilla Premier Protein shake that I put in the Magic Bullet with some frozen blueberries and strawberries.....it was really good too!

snack - handful of almonds

Lunch - 3 celery stalks with cheddar cheese

snack - home made jerky

dinner - poached salmon and veggies

Before I go to bed at night I set up my water for the next day. I keep the Poland Spring water bottles (16 oz size) and fill four of them with filtered water. I work from home, so it's a bit easier than for people who are out and about. I've always been a big water drinker, so it's never been hard for me to get at least 64 oz in a day, but by doing it bottle by bottle, I have a little more control. I'm usually finished with my 64 oz by 7PM, so anything after that I see as a bonus.

If I need a snack at night, it's usually a slice of an apple (the last apple took me 3 days to finish) or if my boyfriend is here, I'll peel a tangerine, take 2 or 3 segments and give him the rest. Or else I'll have celery sticks, a few almonds or a chunk of cheese. That old habit of nibbling at night is really hard to break and I struggle with it. So far I've been pretty good.

Last night I pulled out my hypnotherapy cd and that helped too.

Headed to the gym after I finish work around 5.....yesterday I did 50 minutes on the elliptical and then some floor stuff.....today I think I'll do more floor stuff and maybe 30 on the treadmill. I've developed a new enjoyment - the sauna.....never liked it before, but my understanding is that the heat raises your metabolism so that it keeps burning calories for a few more hours......either way, it feels relaxing. Then off to the showers (sure helps to keep my shower here at home a little cleaner - LOL) and then apply my PatchMD vitamins and I'm done for the day.

Have a super day everyone!!!

Good friends are like stars. 
You don't always see them but you always know they're there. 

emelar
on 3/6/17 2:42 pm - TX

Morning - bacon and a latte

Afternoon - Parmesan crusted chicken breast salad

Evening - pastrami and a yogurt

Exercise and vites are done.

MonaLyssa33
on 3/6/17 6:57 pm - Minneapolis, MN
VSG on 02/20/17

B: 1/2 cup of low-fat cottage cheese

L: A cube of watermelon and honeydew each (stomach was unfortunately not a fan of them)

D: 2/3 cup of crab bisque

S: 4 gummy bears and 1/4 cup of sunflower seeds

Highest Weight ~400, Surgery Weight 293, Current Weight 227, Goal Weight 180

Highest BMI: 59.1, Current BMI: 32, Goal BMI: 25

VSG on February 20, 2017

Gwen M.
on 3/6/17 7:08 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

It looks like you're two weeks post-op, is that correct? While every post-op eating plan is different, most people are still on pureed foods or at least soft foods at this point. The big red flag is those seeds, though. Your stomach is still healing and things like seeds can get caught in the staple line and cause a lot of damage.

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Most Active
Recent Topics