Whatcha Eatin' Today? Monday, 6MAR17

Rachel B.
on 3/6/17 5:50 am, edited 3/6/17 5:59 pm - Tucson, AZ
VSG on 08/11/08 with

Good Morning, everyone! Hope you had a great weekend. Back to the monday grind.

I had a good AM workout. Arms today. A little drop on the scale. It's creeping now. I've struck down my carbs significantly. gonna do this for a while and see if it makes a big change. And I ordered an instant pot. I hope it will inspire me to do a little more cooking. But when you cook for one, its not so easy to be inspired.

Yesterdays #'s were good: Calories-855, Fat-29.3g, Fiber-3.4g, Carbs-47.6g, Sodium-1812.3mg, Protein-100.4g, Water-78 fl oz. Daily Calorie Composition: 22% from carbs, 31% from fat and 47% from protein.

AM/B: SF white mocha (no 5 sparrows) w/ON white chocolate protein and SF Torani Peppermint

S: Jerkey

L: Protein Pudding and Pepper jack cheese stick

S: Premier Protein

D: Turkey & Quinoa

Water & Vites

"...This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away, to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. What he was doing..."

Rachel, PMHNP-BC

HW-271 SW-260 LW(2009)-144 ~ Retread: HW-241 CW-190 GW-150

Stacy_WLS
on 3/6/17 6:36 am

The instant Pot is pretty cool. Maybe you can make chicken in there and then turn it into other creations. Lots you can do with moist well cooked chicken.

It's odd I'm working on getting my carbs up and am seeing the scale go down. The science behind carbs around workout and athletic performance is staggering. But getting it in my mind to lower fats and increase carbs is like going against everything I know. It's a bit crazy, but as we change we also have to change how we think about things.

B - fit frappe & coffee

L - salad w/ chicken

S - yogurt parfait, protein shake

D - stuff mushrooms & brussel sprouts

S - cottage cheese & berries & maybe rice cakes

E - crossfit (or rest if still feeling exausted)

VSG: 12/12/13, LBL, small TL, BL/BA: 11/7/14 Twins 12/9/18 HW after Twins 260. 5'10 37 years old - Stacy_WLS (MFP)

(deactivated member)
on 3/6/17 7:55 am
VSG on 10/31/16

Good morning everyone! Great job on the workout, Rachel. Let us know how you like the Instant Pot. I bought a crockpot last Fall, WISH I had bought the Instant Pot instead. Like Stacy, when I up the carbs sometimes I really lose, especially after working out. Interesting to see if it works for you, Rachel. Let us know. Have a great day everyone!

B: kasha go lean, greek yogurt, miralax, blueberries

L: grilled shrimp (leftover), broccoli

D: crack Chicken, veggie (can't wait to try)

S: prunes

E: walking

water, vites on track

Rachel B.
on 3/6/17 8:10 am - Tucson, AZ
VSG on 08/11/08 with

Now both you and Stacy have me wondering... I just wanna get this weight off!!! Petulant little ol'me. I want it all and I want it now...

I don't know if the instant pot will be a good idea or a bad one. Since I'm by myself, I will be able to make things quickly without making bad choices. I'm not much for food prep tho. I sure will be able to make dog food quicker! No more stewing chicken breasts all night in the crock pot!

"...This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away, to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. What he was doing..."

Rachel, PMHNP-BC

(deactivated member)
on 3/6/17 8:17 am, edited 3/6/17 12:18 am
VSG on 10/31/16

Try the low carb and see what happens. I too, want this weight off now! From what others have said the Instant Pot would be great for meats. Although, the farther out I am the easier it is for me to digest meats. I couldn't eat a grilled pork chop a few weeks ago, too tough, but now I can.

Erin T.
on 3/6/17 8:19 am
VSG on 01/17/17

Seeing big drops on the scale the last few days, after 10 days of being pretty much stagnant so that's encouraging. I set up yesterday to meet with a trainer to start some strength training (March 31st). Looking forward to adding that to my cardio.

B: Ricotta pancake, 1 oz sausage patty & laughing cow 35 calorie cheese

L: Deli Turkey & Cabot Cheese Square

D: Shrimp, greek yogurt, dill and lemon ("seafood salad")

E: 3 mile walk on lunch break

VSG: 1/17/17

5'7" HW: 283 SW: 229 CW: 135-140 GW: 145

Pre-op: 53 M1: 22 M2: 12 M3: 12 M4: 8 M5: 10 M6: 11 M7: 5 M8: 6 M9-M13: 15-ish

LBL/BL w/ Fat Transfer 1/29/18

LeslieWesleysyxx
on 3/6/17 8:45 am
Revision on 03/14/18

I made the leap and tried this crack chicken everyone talked about. Now I understand why it's called that. I'm hooked! It's definitely a nice change of pace and i used the Greek cream cheese since it was lower in calories and fat and turkey bacon.

B: 2 eggs scrambled with cheese, coffee

L: crack chicken

D. Unsure, might be meeting up with a friend.

S: protein bar

water and vits: on track

exercise: walking

Rachel B.
on 3/6/17 9:30 am - Tucson, AZ
VSG on 08/11/08 with

I'll be looking for the Greek cream cheese. Thanx for the heads up!

Rachel, PMHNP-BC

yvonnef1964
on 3/6/17 9:10 am
VSG on 08/11/14

I had a good weekend. I found out my ex boyfriend passed away last week.

Late b spinach, orange pepper, ham and cheese omelet and string cheese

A friend just called and wants to take me out to eat. Ill have a early dinner. Ill probably get steak, grilled mushrooms and sweet potato

S Greek yogurt, turkey sausage snack sticks and Honeycrisp apple

Have a great day

Rachel B.
on 3/6/17 9:31 am - Tucson, AZ
VSG on 08/11/08 with

I'm so sorry to hear about your ex. No matter how 'ex' they are, it always still stings.

Rachel, PMHNP-BC

Most Active
Recent Topics