When The Last Bite Was One Bite Too Many

rachelp
on 3/1/17 8:06 am
VSG on 08/01/16

This is exactly how I do it. I have never suffered by eating too much with my sleeve. I did that way to much pre-op and I don't want to live that way anymore.

Sleeved 8/1/16

HW 285 / SW 276 / GW 160

Luvmygs
on 3/1/17 8:48 am
VSG on 12/04/14

Oh God, I hated that feeling of taking that one bit too many! I usually start walking it off. I've saved myself many times from throwing up just by walking. I'm a little over 2 years out and I can pretty much tell when I'm full now. No sneezing or runny nose, just a full sensation. I still weigh all my food about 80% of the time and that helps me not to over do it.

theAntiChick
on 3/1/17 10:39 am - Arlington, TX
VSG on 08/17/16

OMG yes.  I've gotten out of the habit of measuring my food, thinking "I've got this" and I think I've quit when I'm full, only to about 5 minutes later start feeling like I've got the worst case of food poisoning.  Generally getting up to go get something to throw up in is enough walking to get it to settle down, but it's 15-20 minutes of misery to remind me that I DON'T "got this".

* 8/16/2017 - ONEDERLAND!! *

HW 306 - SW 297 - GW 175 - Surg VSG with Melanie Hafford on 8/17/2016

My blog at http://www.theantichick.com or follow on Facebook TheAntiChick

Blog Posts - The Easy Way Out // Cheating on Post-Op Diet

Sai F.
on 3/1/17 11:05 am
VSG on 09/02/16

Once I get the idea that maybe I should stop. That's when I stop. I had one bad episode in month 3 I think (can't remember but it was relatively early), and that was it for me. I don't normally get the sneeze, nose runs or hiccups... Etc. I did get those regularly when I had the lap band though.

Banded June 2009- Allergan 10mL AP-S

Revised to Sleeve in September 2016

Valerie G.
on 3/1/17 12:53 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

My nose starts to run as I'm reaching full - then I hiccup 1-3 times as a final warning.  At that point, my family throws itself between me and the fork.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

AD_Jordan
on 3/1/17 2:07 pm

I WISH my nose would run, or I'd get hiccups. I'm still only able to eat between 3 and 4 bites (not ounces, bites) per meal, and the questionable area sometimes starts after bite #2.

I think I'll try weighing some cheese before and after I eat to get an idea of the appropriate measure. Total - what's left = what fits comfortably. 

I make up my own "snack packs" to keep in the fridge, but I haven't measured the remainders.

VSG on 11/15/16 . . . HW: +/- 265 . . . SW: 252 . . . CW: 187 (as of 5/22/17)

ItsTimeNow99
on 3/2/17 5:20 am

Fortunately I've only done this twice since being sleeved on 10/12/2016. I immediately get discomfort in my chest.....almost to the point of feeling that I can't breathe. Not pleasant. If I sit really straight and take deep breaths, it did go away. I do measure everything I eat, but in these two cases, I couldn't eat the usual amount........not sure if it was due to what it was.....green bean casserole......or that it was just too much on top of my dense protein, but it has left a lasting impression that I will not forget.

P.

HW -265; SW - 251; CW - 154

Surgery Date- 10/12/2016!!

Most Active
Recent Topics