6 month checkup today went VERY Well.

H.A.L.A B.
on 2/15/17 5:22 pm

Fantastic....

Yea ..Weight loss slows down the farther we are from surgery. Not only we can eat more - but as we lose weight we need less calories to maintain. So the calories deficit gets smaller even if we maintain similar diet... 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Vegbeth
on 2/15/17 7:18 pm - Boston , MA
VSG on 12/28/16

Congrats on all your progress. I hope the migraine issues resolve soon. I've had an occasional migraine and can't imagine having regular ones. You have such a positive attitude!  You will meet all your goals. Keep up the good work. 

theAntiChick
on 2/15/17 9:26 pm - Arlington, TX
VSG on 08/17/16

Thanks.  Migraines are just a fact of life in my family, but we had gotten them pretty well controlled before the surgery.  Which is why we're theorizing that it's the hormone dump from the fat stores.  It'll get better again.  :D

As for attitude, believe me I have my down days.  I cried at the therapists office the other night because I've been feeling so awful physically and it wears on me after a while.  But I know how lucky I am in so many ways, even in regards to my chronic conditions.  So I try to focus on that, and moving forward.  Because it's either that or wallow in it and not make progress, and that's just not acceptable to me.  :D

* 8/16/2017 - ONEDERLAND!! *

HW 306 - SW 297 - GW 175 - Surg VSG with Melanie Hafford on 8/17/2016

My blog at http://www.theantichick.com or follow on Facebook TheAntiChick

Blog Posts - The Easy Way Out // Cheating on Post-Op Diet

paulag52
on 2/15/17 7:26 pm

Congratulations !  Well Done!

Beth C.
on 2/16/17 2:39 am
VSG on 01/19/17

Great News!!!!! I had asked my doc about the hormone dump pre op and he looked at me like I was nuts, said he had never seen it.. it's so odd the difference in Docs. I am a month out today and hope my 6 weeks goes great as well, working on vitamins now. Xox

Heaviest-325

Starting W-243

Surgery day-227

(deactivated member)
on 2/16/17 10:51 am
VSG on 10/11/16

That sounds like good news all around, even the migraine thing.  I know they are no fun, but if you have identified a likely culprit, and it sounds like you have, you have some light at the end of the tunnel there too.  Good job!

VSGAnn2014
on 2/16/17 10:54 am
VSG on 08/14/14

Awesomely wonderful news, theAntiChick!!

ANN 5'5", AGE 74, HW 235.6 (BMI 39.2), SW 216, GW 150, CW 132, BMI 22

POUNDS LOST: Pre-op -20, M1 -10, M2 -11, M3 -10, M4 -10, M5 -7, M6 -5, M7 -6, M8 -4, M9 -4,
NEXT 10 MOS. -12, TOTAL -100 LBS.

Notaboutperfect
on 2/17/17 8:52 am
VSG on 11/08/16

Awesome!!

shelterdog64
on 2/17/17 10:18 am
VSG on 06/21/16

I'm so happy for you, as much for the inflammatory reduction as the weight loss!  I haven't talked about it a lot, but I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia about a year before my WLS last June.  Having the VSG has virtually 'cured' me, if that's possible.  My inflammatory factors are all WNL now, after being sky-high on my pre-op labs.  Having that pain gone from my life has been a game-changer for me.

I'm hoping you can get a grip on the migraines, I had them in clusters during my childbearing years and even the few I had were debilitating...I can't imagine what you go through with them.  

At any rate, I'm thrilled to hear you're doing so well, my friend!  81 lbs in 6 mos, you ROCK :)

diane S.
on 2/18/17 12:34 pm

Good for you. With that weight off you will have less pain. I do think rapid weight loss messes with hormones and gives night sweats and unusual cold feelings though my doctor doesn't think so (I think because he has seen no study on it). But that stuff will normalize.  congrats. Diane S

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Most Active
Recent Topics