Acid Medicine For...Life? (Another Acid Post)

FuturePinUp
on 2/14/17 3:41 pm

Thank you! I guess I should have mentioned that the acid medicine is totally providing relief - it was at 40mg. Zantac also offers relief if I run out. I will have to look more into those new revelations.

VSG: 06/24/15 // Age: 35 // Height: 5'10" // Lost so far: 190 lbs

HW: 348 (before 2 week pre-op diet) // SW: 326 // CW: 158

TT/Lipo & BL/BA: 07/21/17 with Dr. Reish (NYC) BL/BA Revision: 01/11/18 with Dr. Reish (NYC)

Unconventional Sleever & Low-Carb Lifer

FuturePinUp
on 2/14/17 3:36 pm

Thank you all for the information. When I was on 40mg, I was getting relief from it and I thought it was fine. It was only after my endoscopy that I guess they saw acid present and upped it to 80, so I went with that, but either way both doses offered me enough relief. I'm glad it has less side effects than other options and have to be honest my diet hasn't been the best recently so that's an adjustment I can certainly make.

VSG: 06/24/15 // Age: 35 // Height: 5'10" // Lost so far: 190 lbs

HW: 348 (before 2 week pre-op diet) // SW: 326 // CW: 158

TT/Lipo & BL/BA: 07/21/17 with Dr. Reish (NYC) BL/BA Revision: 01/11/18 with Dr. Reish (NYC)

Unconventional Sleever & Low-Carb Lifer

Donna L.
on 2/14/17 8:31 pm - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

I had severe GERD until I did food elimination.  Whey protein daily and dairy in general, gluten, and some other things fuel the GERD.  So does a higher carbohydrate diet for me.  I am able to take a very low dose of generic protonix now instead of a high dose of Dexilant.  Hopefully I can eventually go off it.

As for whether it's safe or not... I don't feel there is enough research to say.  I think it's always preferable to take fewer medications, just because they often affect many systems instead of the one we take it for.

I follow a ketogenic diet post-op. I also have a diagnosis of binge eating disorder. Feel free to ask me about either!

It is not that we have so little time but that we lose so much...the life we receive is not short but we make it so; we are not ill provided but use what we have wastefully. -- Seneca, On the Shortness of Life

Most Active
Recent Topics