Losing my mind

DubfromBP
on 2/11/17 7:52 am
VSG on 10/13/15
On February 11, 2017 at 3:03 PM Pacific Time, Sparkly609 wrote:

Thank you everyone. I had a really great day yesterday with my choices, working out and the dh is getting me a new fitbit for vday. I remember how excited I was and motivated when I started this journey and I need that excitement back.  I'll keep everyone updated on my progress.  

Outstanding !!!!!!!!

You raised a really great subject......one that is near and dear to my desires, too.

I was sleeved a month after you.

The last few months have been filled with some setbacks.....some of which I've not responded well to.

Gone was the parachute of my scale moving downward.

Yeah....that wasn't there and it nagged me.

The various nagging problems and distractions kept piling on.

So did ounces and then actual pounds on the scale.

No biggie, I think.   I'll just up the ante in the gym and glide through the holiday dining-schedule-events,etc.  

Some of the problems were knee & back related thus the gym time stopped.

Sedentary isn't good in the overall balance.

Some outstanding responses posted in this thread that ring true to my ears and I'm grateful for seeing them.

You aren't alone in the struggle.

Thanks for putting it out there and looking forward to comments on how your new fitbit toy is working.   I've been thinking about adding a new one as well.

Live, love and make the most out of what your surgeon has done for you...........live your life without excuses and without regrets.

cconroy55
on 2/14/17 12:47 pm

This is the very reason I logged back in today as well.  I have had my bounceback, which I did expect, but I've bounced to a weight higher than what I want to accept, so I have to put my mind back in the game, and follow the plan.  For me, the HEAD hunger comes when I eat too many carbs.  I know it.  I need to really get them back out of my diet, because I am perfectly happy without them.  Some nice crunchy veggies can provide the chip crunch and my protein drinks are all the sweets I need.  Once I get rid of those carbs, the cravings stop and i can return to balance and feel in control, even if the weight drops off slowly now.

AggieMae
on 2/14/17 10:14 pm
VSG on 10/25/16

You sleeve will NEVER go back to being the size of your pre surgery stomach. It might become less restrictive over time but it will not stretch much at all.

People don't regain their weight because the sleeve stopped doing its part, we regain when we stop doing our part.

Good luck with your newly renewed efforts! 

Sparkly609
on 2/15/17 9:36 am

It's been 4 days and I am down 7lbs. I think there was some bloat. But I have been focused on 64oz of water a day... Logging everything... Low carb/sugar... And getting some activity in every day.  I still have a ways to go but this jump start and everyone's support is just what I needed.  Thank you! 

Most Active
Recent Topics