What do your splurge meals look like?

AD_Jordan
on 2/10/17 3:30 pm

Right now, I can eat about three or four tablespoons of food. More than that hurts like hell, so I don't. There is NO food that's good enough to have to deal with that 'elephant sitting on my chest' feeling for 30+ minutes.

So for me, a 'splurge' would be eating something that's a little fancier than usual. For example, I like lox, but it's damned expensive. Now that I'm sleeved, I buy a small container, and there's enough for several meals.   Quality instead of quantity, I guess?

Have I eaten something off-plan? I have. I've had a few potato chips. I had a terrible, fierce craving, but when I actually ate them, they didn't taste good, so I stopped.  From that experience, I've learned that there are going to be days that I have a craving for something. So I basically 'ANNOUNCE it". Today I'm craving ......  whatever it is.  And that's it. I don't eat it, I just recognize that I THINK I want it.  

It happened more when I was on the pureed and soft foods stages.  My family will ask "Are you SURE? Is that THE craving of the DAY?"  It doesn't matter, because I'm NOT eating it.  Acknowledging it, and then moving on to something else, is very helpful for me. YMMV, as always.

It took me so long to get here, and I feel so much better as the weight comes off, that I don't want to jeopardize my success.

VSG on 11/15/16 . . . HW: +/- 265 . . . SW: 252 . . . CW: 187 (as of 5/22/17)

Kristi T.
on 2/12/17 11:03 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Noosa's Lemon Yogurt, it's amazing!

AggieMae
on 2/14/17 12:05 am
VSG on 10/25/16

A splurge for me is eating my carbs first!  Creamed spinach..yum.

Most Active
Recent Topics