What do your splurge meals look like?

(deactivated member)
on 2/7/17 11:32 am
VSG on 01/12/17

Also someone who is very successful with the sleeve has clearly worked to mending bad habits so eating junk in moderation and still being healthy is definitely possible especially when exercise is involved

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 2/7/17 12:08 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

You can eat ANYTHING, junk included, in the first year and still lose weight-- exercise or no, bad habits or no.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

(deactivated member)
on 2/7/17 12:50 pm
VSG on 01/12/17

I meant succesful as in they have accomplished the weight loss goal not still losing weight phase

comeundone
on 2/8/17 6:42 pm - OH

I also did things my own way and I allow myself everything (My doctor always preached balanced meals) I realized if I did the hardcore afraid of food I would see myself as failing then I would have gave up, I have always remembered protein first then if I feel like eating anything else I do. I was at a party with my friend's cousin who had a bypass and she loudly said "Oh we (meaning me and her) can't have sugar" my response was "I can" and ate a choc. chip cookie :P  My vsg is a tool that helps me eat less but if I grazed then it would not help I have had many debates with people who disagree with how I do things...but as they say proof is in the pudding and I look amazing :D 

HW 289  SW 242

diane S.
on 2/7/17 11:46 am

Splurge for me is going out to dinner and having something healthy but expensive. Like seared ahi or crab and a glass of expensive wine.  Well and maybe the occasional slice of veggie pizza. But thats about it. No buffets or pasta or stuffed potatoes for this sleever. Diane S

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

(deactivated member)
on 2/7/17 11:50 am
VSG on 01/12/17

Crab sounds amazing right now. I love crab legs and I don't need butter to enjoy them. Crab and broiled lobster yum!

Erin T.
on 2/8/17 10:55 am
VSG on 01/17/17

Haha, this is what I'm dreaming of! Firmer fish (eating white fish right now at 3 weeks out!). Sitting down to dinner with my husband and leaving the kids home and sharing a really good fish meal! 

VSG: 1/17/17

5'7" HW: 283 SW: 229 CW: 135-140 GW: 145

Pre-op: 53 M1: 22 M2: 12 M3: 12 M4: 8 M5: 10 M6: 11 M7: 5 M8: 6 M9-M13: 15-ish

LBL/BL w/ Fat Transfer 1/29/18

Kelly Jean
on 2/8/17 5:33 am
VSG on 04/08/14

Well I'm 3 years out and yes I will have a slice of pizza.....  Wow I'm sure I pissed off a few with my truthful answer....  But to say never is a joke....  Moderation is the answer no depriving yourself..  I have e maintained my 110lbs weight loss and goung from a size 22 to a size 4 and have stayed that way and my trick is if I want a slice I'll have 1 not 2 or 3 or 4 like the big me did...  I also work out every day hike to keep fit...  

OK ready set start flipping..........  GO...  LOL 

KellyJean 

(deactivated member)
on 2/8/17 10:25 am
VSG on 01/12/17

Thank you for your answer! So many have answered being very anti-splurge and about how it leads to backsliding, etc, etc. While I can understand that concern, my question was supposed to just be for fun lol. I wasn't encouraging overeating, and I'm not interested in splurging either since I can barely eat 2oz of food. Pizza is something I would like to have, but I've already got healthy versions of "pizza" to eat while still losing my weight. Healthy zucchini pizza will probably be my splurge while getting to my goal.

Erin T.
on 2/8/17 10:42 am
VSG on 01/17/17

Like you, I'm not to the time yet to be off plan whatsoever. But, I look forward to my beach vacation in May where I can eat local crab/shrimp without any guilt, because it's full of protein (and because it's vacation, maybe I'll even butter dip it some!). Watch out world! 

I actually chose the VSG because I wanted to be able to eat a 1" x 1" piece of birthday cake with my kids on their birthdays (maybe not this year, but maybe next?). I have struggled with this forum because the responses seem to be so black and white and in my opinion not the way that human life works. 

Maybe that will put a big red X on my forehead for the vets out there reading this, but I lost and maintained 70lbs on my own prior to surgery (years, prior not just pre-op prior) and I did that by outputting more calories than I took in and balancing 95% "Get down to business and follow your plan, girl!" and "I'm out to dinner for my anniversary and I'm going to taste the cake.". 

This is something I have discussed in detail with my NUT and at my mental eval and both agreed that I had a healthy way of approaching this surgery. Now, it's likely I won't be making any off plan decisions for a looong while, but right now I could totally take/leave food anyway! 

VSG: 1/17/17

5'7" HW: 283 SW: 229 CW: 135-140 GW: 145

Pre-op: 53 M1: 22 M2: 12 M3: 12 M4: 8 M5: 10 M6: 11 M7: 5 M8: 6 M9-M13: 15-ish

LBL/BL w/ Fat Transfer 1/29/18

Most Active
Recent Topics