Bored out of my mind of the Mushys (Just venting)

Sukilana
on 2/2/17 11:12 am
VSG on 01/10/17

Hello Sleevers,

I am just venting.......Thanks in advance... I am 3 weeks post op and in the mushys food stage. I am grateful I get to chew some...but LORD I am bored out of my mind of the mushys and it's limitations. I think the liquid stage was easier for me because I knew it was passing by quick (My surgeon had me on liquids for two weeks). Now these mushys for four weeks...it's only week one and I am already bored. Who else felt this way? 

diane S.
on 2/2/17 11:22 am

Gotta admit I was grateful for the mashies as I hated the protein shakes. Thrilled to have a scrambled egg. Read the World According to Eggface for better mushy options. I hope they are not telling you to eat mashed potatoes and cream of wheat. If you take some greek yogurt and mix it with a little container of sugar free pudding, it tastes like cheesecake. Good luck. Remember, find entertainment other than food. Diane S

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Sukilana
on 2/2/17 11:30 am
VSG on 01/10/17

Hi Diane... I was super excited too to eat my scrambled egg and I still enjoy all my egg foods. I have been trying different foods and definitely staying away from the cream of wheat and potatoes as suggested in my meal plans. I have checked out Eggface's blog for food ideas and have tried out some of them. I just sometimes miss chewing real roughage like broccoli, baked chicken etc etc.. you know foods that are not mushy. 

On the brighter side of things.. my surgeon released me to get back to my zumba classes so I have something more interesting than mushys to look forward to. I am soldiering on :)

diane S.
on 2/2/17 11:34 am

Good for you. Hang in there. diane s

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Lipsticklady
on 2/2/17 12:45 pm, edited 2/2/17 4:45 am
VSG on 05/14/13

scrambled eggs

cheese 

refried beans with cheese

guacamole

hummus

cheese

avocado

bisque soups

quiche w/o crust

chicken or tuna salad with extra mayo mashed to death

egg salad

did I mention cheese?

It mildly sucks but it will pass!  Totally worth it. 

ISO ... New "clique" members. You must be kind, warm, welcoming, honest, intelligent, and have a sense of humor. The words "shamed" or "victim" can not be in your regular vocabulary. Sarcasm is welcome (and wanted!), but cruelty is not. You must not be a coddler or a shamer. All members are free to classify themselves as vets, newbies, grasshoppers or anything else they desire.

I enjoy long walks on the beach, puppies, sunsets and taking off my bra as I pull in the driveway. If you are like minded, you are in!

And remember, we are ALL worthy of love, humor, and dignity.

I started a new group here for my old BP friends and any new friends who have a sense of humor. Link to join:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/real_talk

CC C.
on 2/2/17 1:28 pm

Mmmm, cheese.

jachristmas
on 2/2/17 2:40 pm
VSG on 12/14/16

sounds alot like my soft stage menu..except the mayo..after surgery mayo makes my tummy upset so I switched to plain greek yogurt and it works great for me in tuna and egg salad.

Most Active
Recent Topics