Started my process today!

Nikki B.
on 1/26/17 8:36 pm

Hey Yall!

Well, originally I thought I'd be going for a RNY but after talking to my surgeon today I have decided to go with the sleeve. I have scheduled my Psych Eval and my EGD and then they will have everything to submit to the insurance company for approval. I am so excited to have made progress towards this. I'm looking forward to spending the time on the boards to get to know everyone and learn as much as I can. My Doctors office said once submitted it has usually taken about 30 days to get approval. So, fingers crossed if everything goes well I will be able to schedule for end of March/beginning of April. Meanwhile, I'm working hard on losing what I can. I have lost 12 pounds in 8 DAYS! I can't believe it but I certainly won't complain!

Hope everyone is doing well!

Nikki

Sleeved on 3.27.17 5'7" HW: 359 SW: 335.8 CW: 257 GW: 140

I am an extremely proud Momma & Blessed Wife from South Louisiana.

CC C.
on 1/26/17 9:00 pm

Welcome, Nikki! 

KittyKarin
on 1/27/17 5:45 am - FL
VSG on 01/09/13

Welcome, Nikki!  Great job on starting on the process and losing weight already!  The process may have some hiccups but trust that it will happen.  Don't get discouraged if it takes longer than you expect.  Just keep going! 

Nice to meet you and beautiful wedding pic, btw! 

KittyKarin :-) Starting weight: 362 / Surgery weight: 353 / Current weight: 190 (03/27/2017)

Nikki B.
on 1/30/17 7:48 pm

Thank you so much! I am so ready to do this but I will do all I can while I wait for my time for surgery. Of course, I hope it is sooner than later :)

Thank you about my wedding picture! We just got married 10.21 so my goal is to not look the same on our 1st anniversary. It will absolutely be for a good reason :) Nice to meet you as well!

Sleeved on 3.27.17 5'7" HW: 359 SW: 335.8 CW: 257 GW: 140

I am an extremely proud Momma & Blessed Wife from South Louisiana.

akindofmagick
on 1/27/17 9:26 am - MD

Congratulations on taking the proactive steps to embrace a new, more active and healthy life, and a happier you!!  :)

I've been fat, and I've been thin - and thin is better.  

There is a better way. --Alaine of Lyndar 
--------------------------
HW: 234. SW: 228 (18 June 2015). GW: 137. Specs: 50ish, 5'4"

Most Active
Recent Topics