Cause and effect question....

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 1/24/17 1:44 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

Here's the post in question (nastiness removed by the mods) for those who might be curious as to what OP is referencing. Judge for yourself :)

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

rocky513
on 1/24/17 1:44 pm, edited 1/24/17 5:50 am - WI

I really do wish you luck, believe it or not.  

I'm here everyday to keep myself accountable and to help when I can.   If you re-read the old posts, nobody attacked you.  You were given sound advice that you flat out refused to even hear.  You had already made up your mind that you knew everything and your medical team was perfect.  You are the one that got defensive and mean, not the people trying to help you.  If you post that you are eating a club sandwich at 8 weeks out, you are going to be questioned.  Not because we are trying to be mean, but because we care about your success.

Many medical professionals have no clue how to live the WLS and be successful long term.  You can do whatever you want and make what ever food choices you think work for you.  The vets gave advice out of personal experience.  That's all.  Nobody insisted you follow their way or else.  YOU are the one that took the advice that way.  As a 30 year WLS vet that has gone through a lot of complications, I feel that I have a lot of experience that the average medical team does not know.  I guess I would tend to listen to people who have lost 200+ pounds and kept it off for many years.  Those are the folks that have figured it out.

If you only want to hear things the you agree with, then why do you post?  You've burned too many bridges here.  I feel bad that even if you needed help, the people who have the answers would not help you.  It's really is sad.

HW 270 SW 236 GW 160 CW 145 (15 pounds below goal!)

VBG Aug. 7, 1986, Revised to RNY Nov. 18, 2010

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 1/25/17 4:41 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

So true, You're my hero!  

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Barbsleeved
on 1/24/17 8:30 am
VSG on 08/22/14

Now I want a club sandwich. Thanks a lot, guys. 

BE STRONGER THAN YOUR EXCUSES. 

82much
on 1/25/17 5:15 am
VSG on 11/28/16

Funny you mention that.  I went to bed hungry last night thinking of a club sandwich, because of this thread :-).  I had my Premier this morning,I am now ok :-)

Grim_Traveller
on 1/26/17 4:22 am
RNY on 08/21/12

As long as you have the bread toasted, It's ok.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

One Bad Beach
on 1/24/17 1:52 pm
RNY on 11/28/16

I'm sorry about all of the drama that ensued before I was a member and for all of the drama ensuing right now, but I wanted to answer your question....

I don't have back pain, but I do have a nagging, stabbing, sharpish type pain in my shoulder right under my neck.  I have seen my rheumatologist about this issue to ask for his blessing to see a chiropractor.  He agreed that it would be fine to get it all straightened out.

Went to see back popper, as I call him, and he noticed that I had lost a lot of weight since I'd seen him last.  He did give me the adjustment that I asked for, some muscle rub, a hot towel and electric therapy, but it's not completely gone.  He did explain to me that with rapid weight loss, your body sometimes doesn't know how to handle the difference, but that it will go away on it's own.  If it gets really bad, he asked that I come back to see him if the first adjustment seemed to help.  I have an appointment with him next week.  Hopefully, it won't get back to the worst pain that I've experienced before then! 

In any light, maybe a chiropractor can adjust you and get you aligned again.

Good luck!

"Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me." --Carol Burnett

RNY 11/28/2016

HW 285 - SW 244

Valerie G.
on 1/24/17 4:22 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

Would you happen to still have a gallbladder?  Often the pain will radiate to the back instead of the abdominal area.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Lipsticklady
on 1/25/17 11:58 am
VSG on 05/14/13

WOW!  You lost twenty pounds in ten days?  What were you eating in those restaurants?  Salt licks?

I primarily eat out during my busiest work times.  It wasn't eating out that was your issue, it was the food choices you made. 

ISO ... New "clique" members. You must be kind, warm, welcoming, honest, intelligent, and have a sense of humor. The words "shamed" or "victim" can not be in your regular vocabulary. Sarcasm is welcome (and wanted!), but cruelty is not. You must not be a coddler or a shamer. All members are free to classify themselves as vets, newbies, grasshoppers or anything else they desire.

I enjoy long walks on the beach, puppies, sunsets and taking off my bra as I pull in the driveway. If you are like minded, you are in!

And remember, we are ALL worthy of love, humor, and dignity.

I started a new group here for my old BP friends and any new friends who have a sense of humor. Link to join:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/real_talk

ubserved
on 1/26/17 2:55 am

Actually in the 12 days leading up to my surgery, on my pre-op diet I lost 30 pounds. My two week preop diet was shortened by 2 days due to a change in the surgery schedule.  Main thing that was occurring prior to moving into the new house was several months hanging in the hotel room, popping in at the house to check out how the remodel was going, etc, then working on the laptop in the hotel room working remotely and the physical activity was pretty much not that much. Now that we are back in the house, unpacking has been an absolute grind, you never truly know how much stuff you have until you pack it up or unpack it, great cardio workout mind you. Plus back to a very low sodium diet, I have had issues in the past with salt retention and as such water retention, also with a lymphedema issue as well. Since the moving back, we have been going all over our new state, we moved from California to Oregon. Bring your hiking boots if you ever travel here and are looking see Oregon in its splendor. 

Anyways, long story short, it's just been high speed and low drag here to the point half the time I sometimes even forget to eat other than protein shakes. I think the rapid loss rate is at the peak tho, my lower legs which swell up and down on their own marching orders due to the lymphedema, my legs are back to being skinny and pliable not that some of you may care. 

As to what I would eat in the restaurants while we were in the hotels, mostly baked chicken or fish, but as I mentioned before, everything nowadays is so loaded with salt, before my surgery I never noticed it to be honest, since then, I can really taste it and I don't care for it at all. I am so glad I have my kitchen back. 

Most Active
Recent Topics