2 month mark, what's so great about it?

Vegbeth
on 1/19/17 12:30 pm - Boston , MA
VSG on 12/28/16

Thanks for all the replies and insight.  I have been going to the gym this past week but only for cardio and have noticed how much ground I've lost fitness wise and I'm definitely dealing with bouts of fatigue but I do know overall my progress is good and I'm healing well. I won't even talk about the stall!  I just figured if I could get some insight as to when and why things seem better it would help to keep me focused. And all your responses have helped. Thanks!  And keep em coming if anyone has anything else to add!

(deactivated member)
on 1/19/17 5:58 pm
VSG on 10/11/16

I'm a little over three months out now. There were no fireworks or unicorns at the two month mark, but as others have mentioned, I started feeling more like I was human again, and not so frail. Last week I drank a bottle of Ensure that I found floating around in my truck, and the taste gave me flashbacks to when I was fresh out of the hospital. It was not pleasant. 

So yeah, by the time you get to two months, you should start feeling less tired, and more able to eat, and life starts to get back to some semblance of normal. 

nurse_ratchet
on 1/20/17 2:37 am
On January 20, 2017 at 1:58 AM Pacific Time, LittleBillJr wrote:

I'm a little over three months out now. There were no fireworks or unicorns at the two month mark, but as others have mentioned, I started feeling more like I was human again, and not so frail. Last week I drank a bottle of Ensure that I found floating around in my truck, and the taste gave me flashbacks to when I was fresh out of the hospital. It was not pleasant. 

So yeah, by the time you get to two months, you should start feeling less tired, and more able to eat, and life starts to get back to some semblance of normal. 

Yay! Little bill, I found ya! I've missed your humerus words of wisdom. :) still trying to figure this site out but I'm getting there. 

To the op, sorry I highjacked your post 

Readyjwc
on 1/20/17 4:19 pm
VSG on 01/05/17

Damn, Little Bill, I was looking forward to the unicorn!

Height 5'4 Starting weight: 225 Surgery weight: 216 Goal Weight: 135 Surgery date: 1/23/17 Portsmouth, NH

The little engine that could.....

(deactivated member)
on 1/20/17 5:40 pm, edited 1/20/17 9:40 am
VSG on 10/11/16

You just have to be careful of which unicorns you take up with.  

Unicorns at Candy Mountain

Readyjwc
on 1/21/17 2:05 pm
VSG on 01/05/17

That wasn't fair....I haven't had my surgery yet and I just about peed my pants.  Poor Charlie!

Height 5'4 Starting weight: 225 Surgery weight: 216 Goal Weight: 135 Surgery date: 1/23/17 Portsmouth, NH

The little engine that could.....

happyteacher
on 1/21/17 7:27 am

For me, that was around the time that all of the new habits I was trying to get to "stick" started to stick. For example, by then I could put together a quick meal portioned correctly with the macros that I needed without having to check every little stat. (I still logged!) If I was breaking one of my new habits I felt it, compared to earlier out when I would first start it felt like I was making a great choice (a novel feeling really). So in a nutshell, that is about the time my new normal set in and it was no longer the type of work where I had to think about every little thing. Additionally, I was starting to see some of the benefits of exercising like going from dying at 5 minutes on the elliptical to doing an hour and wanting more. Stemming from this I started to want to be more active (compared to my very sedentary life prior) and wanting to exercise- not just doing it because I was supposed to.

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

Most Active
Recent Topics