How to get over missing part of your stomach!

Nura777
on 1/21/17 12:19 am

Like you, I was very healthy as well preop with exception of being prediabetic recently. Have you thought about going to therapy to sort out why you feel this decision is necessary although your healthy?

Sometimes our state of mind can impact our decision making abilities. Being a new mother you may be experiencing postpartum depression. I didnt even really realize I was depressed when I made the decision until I started exploring my thought process preop with my therapist. 

Think hard,  talk to a therapist to understand why you feel this drastic irreversible procedure is necessary and research research research beyond all the good stories :) 

All the best :) 

OutsideMatchInside
on 1/20/17 6:40 pm
VSG on 07/15/15

Honestly by the time you are one year out you don't even feel like anything is missing except maybe your hunger. Yes the majority of your stomach is gone, but once you are fully healed it doesn't really matter. Most people only talk about the time immediately after surgery and what you can't eat.

It is kind of like having a baby. All people talk about are babies and how hard babies are. Well babies are easy, teenagers and college students are hard, but no one ever warns you about that. Same thing with surgery. Everyone talks about immediately post-op, no one talks about when you have more capacity, more comfort with your sleeve, and you have to figure maintenance out. That is the hard part, not the beginning when your sleeve is doing all the wok.

I eat 4 ounces of food every 2-3 hours and I don't feel hungry or deprived. I eat plenty to support a pregnancy if I so desired.

HW:370 Weight at First Consult: 365 Surgery 7/15/2015 Weight:358 CW: 187 Previous Clothing Size: 28/30 Current Clothing Size: 8/10

Nura777
on 1/21/17 12:12 am
Most Active
Recent Topics