FUN NSV

ddkVSG
on 1/16/17 6:35 pm
VSG on 12/27/16

That's so exciting!  I can't wait to be too small for Avenue.  Imagine having more options available.  There isn't an avenue where I live so I shop there online.  I can't wait to walk into an actual store.  

HW 374 SW 339 CW 309GW 195 Surgery 12/27/16

Anita
on 1/17/17 6:54 pm

Don't laugh......one of the things I've liked about Avenue over the years is that their clothes last forever. I have some things that are 10 years old and don't look it at all. Lately though, some of their things are not quite as good quality, but I'll miss them....sort of....LOL.

Good friends are like stars. 
You don't always see them but you always know they're there. 

NYMom222
on 1/16/17 10:26 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

Listen if you are in the smallest size at Avenue, you can already shop the regular store... they might run slightly smaller but it is a new world...go for it!

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Anita
on 1/16/17 10:32 pm

will check it out as soon as I'm ready for the next size down.....thanks! I guess I'm a little leery of trying anything on yet and being disappointed......soon though I'll start branching out.....LOL. Actually, I have enough clothing right now to carry me through at least the next 10 to 15 pounds.

Isn't it funny how we used to stock our wardrobes based on season....now we base it on how many pounds have been dropped. I'm loving it!

roxytrim
on 1/17/17 3:35 am - Cobourg, Canada
VSG on 04/12/13

Plus regular sized stores are less expensive than Plus sizes.

Anita
on 1/17/17 6:55 pm

TRUE!!!!

shermak1
on 1/17/17 6:21 am
VSG on 06/26/15

Congrats on the NSV and on shrinking your way out of the overpriced plus-size stores! I was also lost regarding where to shop once I couldn't do the Avenue/Lane Bryant scene any longer, and I fell in love with thrift/consignment stores. Even if you don't buy anything there, it's great to get a feel of how certain brands are sized (for example, Ann Taylor and Loft sizes tend to run large, in my opinion). Even though I've been at the same size for over 6 months now, I still go to the consignment shops first when something in my wardrobe needs to be replaced. Plus, you can turn in all your nice stuff that's too big and make a little cash off of them.

Congrats again! 

Anita
on 1/17/17 6:57 pm

Good point about recycling the things that are too big.....I usually donate them, but if I can sell them back....ooo la la!!!

Thanks! I'm glad you decided to join us and hope you are too.

idnas
on 1/17/17 12:38 pm
VSG on 08/05/16

Congrats on your NSV! The problem I have is that I am right in between, some XL's are too small, some 1X's are too big, the 18's in some brands fit and in some it takes the 18W ... I cannot just pick something up, look at it and say "that will fit" anymore without trying it on (because I am always wrong!) and just about time I think I know what I can wear my size changes (which I know is a good thing) and I am back to square one again. I love losing the weight, but I don't know if I will ever see myself at the size I actually am and not the size I used to be ...  

HW: 312 SW: 294 CW: 225

Anita
on 1/17/17 7:02 pm, edited 1/17/17 11:03 am

You are 100% right. I pulled out a sweater this morning thinking it might be a tiny bit big .....OMG........I could have put another person in there with me....okay, it would have had to be a skinny person, but - the sweater was enormous on me and looked so silly....it went right into the donation bin!

I've been "shopping" in my closet going through the range of sizes that we all seem to have in there....some of my XLs fit perfectly and some of my 1Xs are too small.....go figure....makes no sense, but it's better than the 3Xs that are no longer in there.

I wonder if we will ever have a meeting of the body and mind as far as what our weight loss has accomplished....I hope so as I don't want my head to forever tell me I'm still too big.

Most Active
Recent Topics