Am I eating too much?

Jmccpnp
on 1/5/17 1:00 pm
VSG on 06/29/16

At 3 weeks out I was just beginning all liquids from 2 weeks of clear fluids. I was barely able to drink a protein shake! I am now 6 months out and still have trouble getting in what I should. I am full after a few bites and do not really experience hunger so this does look like a lot to me but every Dr has a different plan and every person is different. I was supposed to not exceed 500 calories in the first few weeks and now I am up to about 600-800 a day. 

I just say do what your Dr and nutritionist tell you and eat more clean proteins than fatty ones.

Good luck!

Donna L.
on 1/5/17 4:36 pm - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

Peanut butter as a snack is bad.  Eat 2oz of meat instead for a snack.  Why the Quest bars?  Bars can be hard on the new tummy.

Does he want 4oz by weight or by volume?  For several months I only ate to volume.  I didn't weigh - instead, I measured using a small bowl that held 4oz (I tested this by measuring).  I ate high protein/high-fat meals without an issue, however this was an arrangement I made with my nutritionist, as I find a lot of acceptable low-fat foods triggered my BED or food addiction.  

Cheese is harder on the new tummy, too.  I still have trouble with most dairy.

I follow a ketogenic diet post-op. I also have a diagnosis of binge eating disorder. Feel free to ask me about either!

It is not that we have so little time but that we lose so much...the life we receive is not short but we make it so; we are not ill provided but use what we have wastefully. -- Seneca, On the Shortness of Life

LisaV_SG
on 1/5/17 5:53 pm
VSG on 12/01/16

I have only had two Quest bars, and they were just to try. I can do without those for now and wait. I'm not sure if it's 4 oz by volume or weight, I will ask when I go in next (the 12th) I don't have any issues with cheese or anything so far.. everything goes down and stays down well. I'm probably going to end up doing Keto type diet.. high protein high fat low carb. 

Most Active