Whatcha eating today? Thursday, 11/17/2016

psychoticparrot
on 11/17/16 6:40 am

My grandson is coming to visit for the evening. I have a scavenger hunt planned for him as entertainment. Love that kid!

1. Coffee w/cashew milk
  2. Leftover shrimp and stir-fry veg from last night's hibachi dinner
  3. Same as 2
  4. Snack: Clementines

W&V: On track

E: Playing with grandson

psychoticparrot

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."

Rachel B.
on 11/17/16 6:56 am, edited 11/17/16 11:21 am - Tucson, AZ
VSG on 08/11/08 with

Morning: coffee (93g 1% milk-39 cal, 50g torani SF peppermint syrup-0 cal, 50g 5 Sparrows SF white mocha-175 cal)

L: Citrus Chicken salad (220 cal)

D: 111g ribeye steak (317 cal)

S: Cocolate Mint protein bar (205 cal)

"...This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away, to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. What he was doing..."

Rachel, PMHNP-BC

HW-271 SW-260 LW(2009)-144 ~ Retread: HW-241 CW-190 GW-150

Gwen M.
on 11/17/16 7:06 am
VSG on 03/13/14

You beat me :D  

My visit to the cardiologist yesterday was interesting.  My heart looks awesome and my deep leg veins are great.  However, my superficial leg veins are "leaky" a little.  (The valves, not the veins themselves.)  There's no justification (as far as insurance and research are concerned) for fixing them because I don't have discoloration or swelling, so he had some ideas for me.  He wants me to continue with the electrolytes and salt consumption and then to add in upper body muscle building to my exercise routine; work on pumping my legs a bit after sitting for extended periods and before I get out of bed in the morning, and to wear compression tights (ugh).  Since winter is coming, that last one won't be too annoying, but it'll be super annoying in the summer - especially since he wants over the knee which, for me, means tights since thigh highs will not stay up unless I wear a garter belt and that's not happening.  :P  For the upper body stuff, I've decided that my route will be pushups.  I've got a pushup challenge app with three levels of difficulty.  I suck at pushups, so I'll start on beginner level and I'm hoping that this will improve my pushup game!  I'll do those on days I don't run or have fitness classes.  At the moment, that means Mondays and Saturdays but, next term, that'll include Wednesdays as well.  

Yesterday did not go as planned.  I got halfway to Pilates class and realized I'd left my PHY backpack at home, so I had to go back home to get it and, therefore, missed Pilates class.  Sigh.  

Anyway.. to the meals.  

1: protein shake
2: leftover chicken curry
3: quest bar or leftover mustard mascarpone chicken, depending on when I need to eat

liquids and vites: on track
exercise: running and stretching 

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

AK_Gipson
on 11/17/16 7:07 am
VSG on 04/14/14

B - bar

L - chicken, salad

D - rabbit and gravy (rabbit is new to me, so we will see how it goes) 

S - bar, protein pudding

no exercise, I have a headache threatening to turn into a migraine, will take meds ( which make me sleepy) after I take dad to radiation

water and vites - on track

yesterday, I ate off plan. First time since restarting. I did pick a protein, just a battered and fried one lol (chicken drumstick) instead of the fried potatoes in the fridge. But I knew I wasn't hungry, and didn't need it... But ate it anyway... Definitely ate due to stress and anger. And bridezillas with dress codes arghh! Anyway, I won't let it get to me today. 

Good luck to everyone, we get to start over and try again, everyday. Let's make it better than yesterday :) 

HW:292 / SW:258 / CW 173.9

rissa1224
on 11/17/16 7:57 am - NJ
VSG on 12/05/12

Happy Thursday! I cheated and ate a few bites of a pepperoni roll, and a half a slice of pizza last night. ARG. Starting to get really frustrated at my blubber and regain (gain lose gain lose battle). Thanksgiving is coming up, but for me that isn't an excuse to pig out. I wont do it. Plus, luckily I am too full for dessert time!

B shake in coffee

L chicken 'fried' (baked) steak w/ baked cauliflower and broccoli

S if needed cheese stick

D shake w/ yogurt & blueberries.

Trying to be super good. Late night eating is / was creeping back up. Dammit.

Water on track

Exercise, still non existent. I pay for a gym but cant seem to get there. Any tips?? 

psychoticparrot
on 11/17/16 10:56 am

"I pay for a gym but cant seem to get there. Any tips??"

If you get any good tips, let me know. I can't seem to get into an exercise routine either.

psychoticparrot

AK_Gipson
on 11/17/16 12:23 pm
VSG on 04/14/14

I had to put go to the gym in my schedule. Then guard that time 7am -9am (including driving time) 3 days a week. It helps. 

HW:292 / SW:258 / CW 173.9

rissa1224
on 11/18/16 5:08 am - NJ
VSG on 12/05/12

I have to, but it's difficult. I'm exhausted. I'm up at 6:15, and am at work by 7:45, and don't leave my 2nd job until minimum 630-830 depending on what's going on. I sometimes work Saturdays. Then in between I have to do life, laundry, meal prep, sleep (which I don't sleep well as it is). I have tried to set my alarm for 5:30 but, I just cant get up. I feel like I am posting all excuses, FAIL.

Rachel B.
on 11/17/16 1:29 pm - Tucson, AZ
VSG on 08/11/08 with

I pay for a trainer to beat me up three days a week. 

Used to be, my mom and I would keep each other motivated, but life has changed, and she is unable to make it to the gym anymore.

"...This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away, to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. What he was doing..."

Rachel, PMHNP-BC

HW-271 SW-260 LW(2009)-144 ~ Retread: HW-241 CW-190 GW-150

wyo_sarah
on 11/17/16 8:17 am

I ate off plan yesterday too. It was a terribly frustrating day and I let that get to me. I wore a super cute dress today in an effort to feel good about myself and be motivated to make good choices.

B: leftover steak with jalapeños and cheese

L: ham and a few bites of cheesy potatoes 

D: leftover pork, probably with jalapeños and cheese

S: jerky, cheese, nuts or yogurt. I have a lot of choices so I can eat what I'm craving, hopefully 

It is snowing and cold here. Snow took a long time getting here, it is about 2 months later than usual but it came with a vengeance!