Whatcha eating today? Tuesday, 11/15/2016

Gwen M.
on 11/15/16 5:26 am, edited 11/15/16 5:32 am
VSG on 03/13/14

I've been mainly afk for the last week.  I've been sick (mentally and physically), and busy, and out of town. But I'm here now.  

Over the weekend I joined my mom (and my partner, my brother, and my nephew) at Ocean City Maryland. My parents bought a timeshare there in 85, but this is the first year without my dad, so she invited us all to join her.  We had such a great time!  On Sunday we rented "banana peel" bikes which are recumbent tricycles and now I want one of my own.  Steering them is basically ALL core stabilization.  What a blast :D  And yet another thing I never would have done pre-WLS.  Not only because the weight limit on the things is 250lb, but because I would have been too worried that I couldn't have done it or that I would have held everyone back.  

1: protein shake
2: leftover brisket
3: leftover curry

liquid and vites: on track
exercise: starting my 1/2 marathon training today, then yoga for stretching.  

How about you?  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Rachel B.
on 11/15/16 5:53 am, edited 11/15/16 11:21 am - Tucson, AZ
VSG on 08/11/08 with

Up and on the go!  Finally get my first paycheck today (15th and 31st ::boo hiss::) so I get to go to the grocery.

Morning into afternoon: coffee w/SF Peppermint, White Mocha, and Unflavored Unjury

B: 49g chicken breast and 54g Lightly Seasoned Asian Medley BirdsEye Steamfresh veggies

D: 150g Ribeye Steak

S: Dannon L & F Greek yogurt

Water and vits

899 Cal's & 70 Protein for the day!

"...This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away, to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. What he was doing..."

Rachel, PMHNP-BC

HW-271 SW-260 LW(2009)-144 ~ Retread: HW-241 CW-190 GW-150

rissa1224
on 11/15/16 6:47 am - NJ
VSG on 12/05/12

YAY for money! I feel that I eat way too much compared to this. Does all of that keep you 'full / not hungry' all day? Maybe I need to re-do my meals

Rachel B.
on 11/15/16 7:57 am - Tucson, AZ
VSG on 08/11/08 with

That's just a bare bones structure, and I usually 'flesh out' the day.  but for the most part, I'll add protein to my coffee after it cools a bit.  Then I might have a greek yogurt.  I'll have a salad with chicken.  This afternoon I'll go to the store and buy boneless skinless chicken thighs and put them in the crock pot.  I'll pull a few out for me, and some of them go to dog food(!).  I need to pick out some veggies to eat, probably asparagus, which is my fave.  I am also going to pick up some apples and cucumbers for snacks.  I know I'm going to have to start maximizing low cal/high protein as my weight drops.  I have enough unjury to last the next six months.  It's hard to remember how I did this 8 years ago, but I want to keep this trend going.  

"...This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away, to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. What he was doing..."

Rachel, PMHNP-BC

Rachel B.
on 11/15/16 5:58 pm - Tucson, AZ
VSG on 08/11/08 with

Once the day was actually done, it really did fill me up.

Rachel, PMHNP-BC

rissa1224
on 11/15/16 6:45 am - NJ
VSG on 12/05/12

Glad you had a blast! I haven't been to OCMD in about 9 years. I am the same way about pre-WLS and not doing things. Now its so amazing (even with my regain, still am down over 100lbs), we rock!

Only an 11 hour work day today. Feeling bloated from dinner last night with work. Had ordered a 'Queen' size steak, but it was the size of a small cow - I swear. It was delish but, I felt the salt attack me immediately! I normally don't do salt so my body said 'hell no'. I still have like 2lbs of the steak left (or so it looks like it since its huge) which ill pass off to someone else in the house. Isnt worth the salt intake (but my taste buds say it is)

B egg, ham slice, & cheese

L chicken, mozz slice, prosciutto on top of lettuce (left over from sat night's dinner - this is my 3rd meal and I have 1 more serving left, love that they last so long)

S if needed cheese stick

D 1/2 a shake at job2 then ill fish for something else once I get home. I think I have left over meatballs and sausage so ill mix that with ricotta.

Liquids on track. Giants won last night so DD gives you a medium coffee for $1. Fits my budget! But I try not to count coffee if it doesn't have protein shake in it.  

AK_Gipson
on 11/15/16 7:09 am
VSG on 04/14/14

Glad you're feeling better Gwen! I've always wanted to try those tricycle on the water at the beach! 

Today is catch up day for all of dads errands, after his radiation, so I'm eating breakfast early so I won't get sucked into, just run thru a drive thru food. 

My pup is better, but soo pitiful that I am leaving in a few. She is pouting lol 

b- bar, pumpkin spice coffee

L - chicken thighs going in crockpot, hopefully will be done by lunch. so salad, and 2 oz of chopped chicken in it.

D - leftover chili, LF cheese stick

S - another protein bar, protein pudding with meds 

exercise - not today

water and vites - on track 

HW:292 / SW:258 / CW 173.9

Arjeffries
on 11/15/16 8:46 am
VSG on 01/27/16

B premier protein shake

S 4 baby carrots

L 1/2 cup beef vegetable soup, 5 crackers

S 1 ounce peanuts

D 3 ounces pork loin

S 1/2 cup beef vegetable soup.

W 80 ounces

E walked 30 minutes

V taken

Total calories 997

SherBear1481
on 11/15/16 9:11 am
VSG on 06/29/16

B: Sugar Free Coconut Americano with non-fat milk

S: Light N Fit Greek Yogurt

L: 3 oz Corned Beef and Cabbage (no potatoes)

S: Turkey Sausage Snack Bites (3)

D: 3 oz Dungeness crab and a couple of baby carrots 

V: Done

W: Work in progress

E: 25 min walk on the treadmill this morning and gym (cardio/weights) tonight

**Trying really hard to stick to program. I had some candy and a tiny bit of eggnog cheesecake on Halloween and I introduced the carb and sugar monster. I am having a hard time telling myself "no" and I keep sneaking bad choices into my day and it needs to stop. Today I am committed to only eating what I mentioned above. No leftover candy, no bites of my kids Mac and Cheese, no extra coffees, and no chips/crackers! Putting this out there to hold myself accountable!**

emelar
on 11/15/16 9:36 am - TX

Morning - grits, bacon, and a latte

Afternoon - salad with chicken breast

Dinner - not really feeling anything.  Probably make a breadless tuna melt and have some yogurt later in the evening.

Vites and exercise - done.