Set Point

H.A.L.A B.
on 9/11/16 9:39 am

Body set point is real for me.  At one time that was 165...and it seams that no matter how hard I worked - I would drop to 159 for a day or just a 5 min to return back to 165 +/- 2 lbs...Then  I DECIDED "enough" and put myself on a lower carb diet, removed grains, most fruits, dairy... And stuck to it for 6 months...initially things did not move... I dropped to 160 on average and my body was very resilient to any more loss...by I was determined...eventually my body set point dropped ... And now I am I am holding steady at 152 +/- 2 lbs...I am happy with this number. I really should not drop anymore weight... I eat more and exercise less (I was only walking more during my 6 months of losing) ... It took me 3 months to stabilze at 152... So overal. 9 months of really hard work... But now - I eat what I want (still no or very little grains) and my body limits the qty.  

If I overeat one day - I don't get very hungry the next ...

I eat moderate proteins and fat... I try to limit carbs. Too much proteins - specially at a single meal can turn into sugar. I try to limit my protein intake to a 30gr per meal. Often it is 20-25. 

Fat I eat are nuts, avocado, olives, whole eggs, coconut... And fatty fish... And butter on my veggies... 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Most Active