5 Weeks Post Op - NO Weight Loss

Steph Meat Hag
on 8/19/16 1:13 pm - Dallas , TX
VSG on 03/14/16 with

So how come she's not asking this?  My hubs helped and supported me after my WLS by eating meals that I could have, being encouraging, and going to the store late at night because I needed something.  But he was not on here asking about my issues/business.

The reason I ask is that it's my personal opinion that your wife needs to be in the driver seat of HER weight loss.  If she's not, she may fail.  You can't drive her all the way, she's got to learn what works for her and when she's on her own she's got to have the will power to resist temptations.  She needs to be on here making her own friends and gathering information.  

Please encourage her to make an account and find some friends on here to talk to and find some solutions that works for her body.  

Age:40|Height: 5'9"|Lap Band 2/11/08 |Revision VSG 3/14/16

The cake is a lie, but Starbucks is not.

https://fivedaymeattest.com

Keith L.
on 8/19/16 2:00 pm - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

She has taken charge. This site is the tool I used for support. Her's is different. I have been through this all before and she is new to it. I have encouraged her to come on her, its just not her thing.

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

(deactivated member)
on 8/19/16 3:23 pm

I know you love and care for your partner. I will say something. Are you constantly questioning what she is doing? I am not saying this out of malice. I just know myself that if someone is up my ass bugging me about my food choices. I would lash out. 

Not saying anything but I would hide and eat. I have done it. I didn't become obese from being a perfect person who followed a diet. 

I say back off a bit. She is an adult. See what happens then. 

Keith L.
on 8/19/16 4:01 pm - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

Quite the opposite. I only get involved when she asks for help or advice. After 5 weeks of no weight loss and 5 weeks of me telling her to be patient, drink more water, up her protein, and walk more, I am beginning to share her concern. I have been a part of this board for quite a long time and I have successfully advised hundreds of people. This issue is a mystery to me.

(deactivated member)
on 8/20/16 6:06 am

When you advise other people it is so different than giving advice to your spouse. I wasn't trying to be mean.

I hope she will get back to losing. I am sure she will. 

Keith L.
on 8/20/16 2:03 pm - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

That does happen from time to time, particularly around exercise, but I have learned a lot about nutrition and she respects all of the work I have done.

The good news is the scale started moving for her, 2lbs in 2 days so he mood is definitely improved.

Thanks for the concern and advice.

happyteacher
on 8/20/16 2:31 pm

Glad to read that there was some movement for her-

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

NYMom222
on 8/19/16 4:18 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

I lost my first week...then went on a 3 1/2 weeks stall....it was heart wrenching... All I ever can say is change up your choices, measure and add some fat...that is important too.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

LeapSecond
on 8/21/16 4:59 am - AR

Sounds like you have your bases covered well.  I know you are freaking out with this.  I would be too.  One thing that I would add is that often corticosteroids are used intra op to reduce swelling.  The half like of this class of drug is pretty long, over 2 days. And can remain in the body for weeks.  Also people react to them differently.  Weight gain is common.  I don't know if she got it but another something to look at.  Good luck to you both.  I'm guessing this will turn around soon.  Not a medical guess, just a plain ole guess.  

HW=362(6/14) SW=314(9/14) GW=195 CW=270 (1-26-2020)

(deactivated member)
on 8/21/16 5:56 am

I would also have her hormones checked. Sometimes we can be totally out of wack. 

Most Active