Frustrated!

SoCalDee
on 8/4/16 6:58 am
VSG on 06/24/16

Tomorrow will be 6 weeks post op.

The surgery went well, recovery has been great. No issues getting in 60 grams of protein, water occasionally a struggle. Biggest complaint is constipation but Miralax seems to be helping.

So why am I frustrated? I have lost 20 pounds since my surgery however that was in the the first 2 weeks. I have not lost any weight for almost 4 weeks!!! My surgeon said I am doing fine. It is just irritating to go thru this major surgery and have the scale stuck.

I just started excerising this week, walking a mile day so I am hoping this will get things going.

Ok, I will stop whining now. I know this process is a marathon and things won't happen overnight. Thanks for listening! 

5'0 Heaviest 247.4 Surgery Weight 236.0  Goal 140

*Believe in yourself and you will be unstoppable*

Dee R.
on 8/4/16 7:08 am - CA

Hang in there Dee.  I've gone thru that too.  Just keep on plan and it'll kick back in. 

heidikat72
on 8/4/16 7:29 am - PA
VSG on 06/17/16

Hang in there! I know it's frustrating - we have the surgery and want to see that scale MOVE. It is great motivation when it does, and can be very discouraging when it doesn't. But alas, stalls happen. I was sleeved June 17th and lost nothing, not even a tenth of a pound in the first two weeks, then a decent loss over the next two, then nothing...etc. Trust in the process - it won't be steady but it will happen. And increasing the exercise should help shake things up a bit. So basically - you are not alone in what you are experiencing, your feelings are a normal reaction just take a deep breath and keep on keeping on.

mmsmom
on 8/4/16 7:33 am - Woburn, MA

that sounds like a long time this soon out to be stuck - are you tracking your calories and making smart food choices?  also moving helps - I know a walk only burns like 150 calories, but I find it makes a difference in my weight loss/maintenance. If a mile is all you can do, try to do it 2-3 times a day to bump up your calorie burn.  

I would be frustrated too.

VSG on 04/28/2014

Keith L.
on 8/4/16 10:28 am - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

Just stick with it. My wife is in almost the same boa****er is going to bite you if you don't get enough, so find a way to make it happen. Also 60g of protein is probably a minimum. 80-100g right now for you would be better.

Exercise is an absolute must for success. Keep with it. If a mile in one shot gets boring try splitting it up to 2 to 4 times per day short walks. Try walking some stairs too as this will help build up your leg muscles which will help you burn more calories.

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

iloveravens
on 8/4/16 10:51 am
RNY on 08/13/14

Did you lose a lot pre-op?  I lost nothing, in fact I think I gained a pound or two before.  That seems to make a difference.  How much do you have to lose?  Are you a lightweight?  Lastly, are you drinking enough?  Make sure you're drinking like it's your job :)

Lanie; Age: 43; Surgery Date (VSG): 8/12/14 w/complications resulting in RNY next day;

Height: 5' 6" SW: 249 Comfort Zone: 135-140 CW: 138 (10/13/17)

M1: -25 lbs M2: -12 M3: -13 M4: -7 M5: -11 M6: -10 M7: -7 M8: -7 M9: -3 M10: -8 M11: -4 M12: -4

5K PR - 24:15 (4/23/16) First 10K - 53:30 (10/18/15)

Donna L.
on 8/4/16 3:17 pm - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

In six weeks you've lost 20 pounds which is more than 3lbs/week - that's significantly higher than average, even if a lot was closer to surgery.  You are doing very well, indeed. :)

90% or more of weight loss is from diet.  Exercise is great, but making sure you stay hydrated and getting your protein will be more key.

I follow a ketogenic diet post-op. I also have a diagnosis of binge eating disorder. Feel free to ask me about either!

It is not that we have so little time but that we lose so much...the life we receive is not short but we make it so; we are not ill provided but use what we have wastefully. -- Seneca, On the Shortness of Life

autunbreze1123
on 8/5/16 7:17 am
VSG on 07/15/15

Hang in there, keep moving, it will come off. I am a year out, sleeved on 7/15/15, a year later my weight loss stopped. Started at 331, ended at 260, hasn't moved since, but because of bone disease in my legs can't exercise, so my weight stays at 260. But I now have exercises I can do in my bed so going to start them. Keep moving it will come off, but now we have to do our part, exercise and walking. Good Luck and God bless.

Most Active