How do you eat your yogurt?

Donna L.
on 7/31/16 11:13 am - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

I'm inclined to switch to plain (no sugar) greek yogurt versus the light and fit yogurt I eat.  I was wondering what you guys put on your yogurt these days.  I was thinking of mixing chia seeds into it, but not sure what else to add.  It'll never be super sugary, of course.  I was also thinking a toasted chia, walnut, and unsweetened coconut flake topper.  Thoughts?  I have a batch of yogurt which will be done tonight and is just waiting to be strained. :)

I follow a ketogenic diet post-op. I also have a diagnosis of binge eating disorder. Feel free to ask me about either!

It is not that we have so little time but that we lose so much...the life we receive is not short but we make it so; we are not ill provided but use what we have wastefully. -- Seneca, On the Shortness of Life

rocky513
on 7/31/16 11:24 am - WI

I use  a squirt of MIO or Dansani water enhancer.  I like the coconut lime or coconut pineapple flavor with a little unsweetened coconut on top.   Some add a teaspoon of SF pudding mix.  I have used SF banana cream pudding mix with a few walnuts on top fro crunch.

I make my own unsweetened Greek yogurt in my crock pot.  There are tons of instructions on how to do this online.  Google is your friend!

HW 270 SW 236 GW 160 CW 145 (15 pounds below goal!)

VBG Aug. 7, 1986, Revised to RNY Nov. 18, 2010

Donna L.
on 7/31/16 11:41 am - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

I never thought about Mio!  That's a great idea!  I'll give the pudding a shot too :)

I actually do make my own yogurt in the instant pot.  It comes out so much better and cheaper!  I just am horrible at ideas for toppings, and all the searches came up with sugary stuff.  

I follow a ketogenic diet post-op. I also have a diagnosis of binge eating disorder. Feel free to ask me about either!

It is not that we have so little time but that we lose so much...the life we receive is not short but we make it so; we are not ill provided but use what we have wastefully. -- Seneca, On the Shortness of Life

Laura in Texas
on 7/31/16 11:28 am

Frozen blueberries in yogurt is my favorite. If I need a chocolate fix, I mix in some sugar-free pudding mix.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

acbbrown
on 7/31/16 12:07 pm - Granada Hills, CA

My yogurt is my sweet treat so I use plain Greek yogurt and mix in sugar free preserves and a pack of artificial sweetener to it. Not the "best" but it works for me. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

happyteacher
on 7/31/16 1:06 pm

Oh let me count the ways... lol, I go through a lot every  week! I make it via the Instant Pot, always plain. Then I can use it in the following ways:

1. Add textured vegetable protein (tvp- from Amazon, like a crunchy granola only high protein low carb)
  2. Add fresh fruit, a litle vanilla, and stevia for parfaits.
  3. Add 1 box SF cheesecake pudding (Instant) per 1 quart (or large container via Costco), mix, let set up a few minutes- great dessert. Vary this by pudding flavor to mix things up.
  4. Yogurt marinades- I do a lot of chicken dishes that call for yogurt in the marinade- yum!
  5. Harissa yogurt sauce (for sandwiches- use instead of mayo). 1 cup yogurt, mix with harissa paste to taste.
  6. Low calorie salad dressing (when mixed with raspberies and such)
  7. Veggie dip when mixed with herbs.
  8. I mix plain with SF Torani syrup to turn it into the light and fit type, black cherry is a favorite. 
  9. I use it in place of sour cream in recipes.
  10. I strain it a couple of days and turn it into yogurt cheese- spreadable like cream cheese.

Ok, those are my top 10!

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

Donna L.
on 8/2/16 12:35 pm - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

Thanks so much!

The TVP is a great idea, but I can't eat soy so often.  I made a "fake" granola from chia seeds, nuts, and unsweetened coconut flakes that is working out well.  I just use a teaspoon or two.

Bufflehead
on 7/31/16 1:43 pm - TN
VSG on 06/19/13

I use PB2 in my yogurt. I tried chia seeds and walnuts and things like that but they ate up too much of my daily calorie allotment and I had to switch.

Neesie57
on 7/31/16 2:58 pm
VSG on 08/04/15

Fresh berries, cherries, almonds, nectarines, peaches, bananas, etc, etc.  I'm sure you get the idea, LOL.

5' 5" tall. VSG on August 4, 2015/ Starting weight 239.9/ Surgery weight 210.9/ Current weight 137.4/ Goal weight 140/ No longer overweight, now a NORMAL weight. Now that I'm at goal, it's time to move on to maintenance!!!!!!!!

TaffySaltwater
on 7/31/16 5:19 pm
VSG on 03/11/16

A tablespoon of Seven Sundays Vanilla Cherry muesli for 30 calories.  From their web site:  Gluten free oats, sorghum flakes, Bing cherries, toasted pecans, buckwheat groats, organic honey, unsweetened coconut chips (no sulfites), flax seeds, pure vanilla extract.

Most Active