Trying to start a diet with my hubby tomorrow- but I don't need to lose at the moment.

(deactivated member)
on 7/3/16 5:25 pm

Breakfast is not for everyone. Let him listen to his body and see how it goes. I do have to have a protein drink early on in the day, but I can wait to "eat" until a bit later. Today, for example I didn't "eat" anything until 1:30ish. I was busy all morning, but sipped my shake while trimming and I was just fine. I also drank 48 oz of water by 1:00 pm, too. That probably helped. 

However, many people who skip breakfast will overeat at lunch, but generally not enough to compensate for a missed meal. Here's an article that may let you feel more at peace with the no breakfast thing: https://authoritynutrition.com/is-skipping-breakfast-bad/

Also, if it's been a long while since he's been living a low carb lifestyle, it will take him a while to adjust. You might want him to read this article to help him remember the benefits of low carb eating: https://authoritynutrition.com/why-do-low-carb-diets-work/

Yes, I know you were not a hard core low carber during your weight loss phase, but you were still low carb compared to the general population. And, if I'm not mistaken, you have actually taken to a lower carb way of eating in the past year or so.

Good luck to your husband. If it helps any, I'm in the exact same boat with mine!  

happyteacher
on 7/3/16 9:00 pm

I am not fussing at him for skipping breakfast. Went a little lower carb today with him (by his standards,not mine) and working to chew it down a little further. Unfortunately the teenage daughter made cookies later this evening, and he really over did that. Forgot to talk to the daughters about keeping the junk food out.  And yes, I am a little lower carb than what I did during the weight loss phase- when I am behaving at least.

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

H.A.L.A B.
on 7/3/16 7:21 pm

I don't eat breakfast.  It works best for me that way. I practice IF - intermittent fasting.  I never liked breakfast...and there is more studies that show the IF works for most people... IF helped me lose my last 5 lbs of regain, plus really helps with my IBS... 

So ..maybe he knows what is good for him? 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

happyteacher
on 7/3/16 9:03 pm

We will see- ! I hope it works for him. I did notice he cut back on portion sizes today, so he is working back into being a little more mindful. I am a smidge concerned it might be harder for him this time around due to not being on metformin any longer- but hopefully he sticks with it for the summer when it is easier to get fresh produce and play outside!

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

H.A.L.A B.
on 7/3/16 9:32 pm

Read about IF. 

Problem with some "fresh produce" is that a lot of it is fruit.  Even though natural - fruit is very high in sugar...and too much sugar even from fruits may cause carbs cravings.. And more hunger. I know that I can only eat berries ...and even those I need to monitor, to not overdue.  Too many fruits and later on I want more and more carbs... 

I am maintaining now, and I eat more fruits than when I was losing... But it is still only 1 cup or less of berries a day. 

Good luck on your journey with DH. I know it is not easy to be on a diet...and it is even more difficult to try to work with someone who is carboholic.  Good luck. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

happyteacher
on 7/4/16 10:02 am

We do berries and leafy greens here. I do eat mangos, but he rarely does. 

Most Active