4 month appointment and don't know how to feel

Felynn
on 6/20/16 10:44 am
VSG on 02/24/16

so I am at my 4 month appointment and I am feeling great .. I am at a 2 week stall now but I am not getting discouraged 

till the nutritionist come in and tells me I am not loosing fast enough 

I am down 45 lbs and not only that clothing that fits me now fit me 20lbs thinner last time I wore them 

so now I am confused---- happy that I am half way to "goal" at 4 months but discouraged because the Drs want me down faster..

not much else I can do I am eating 800 calories a day and exercising about 800 worth  

like I said confused!!! 

White Dove
on 6/20/16 10:49 am - Warren, OH

What is your starting weight and goal weight?  What does the nutritionist expect you to lose and how fast?

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Tracy D.
on 6/20/16 12:30 pm - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

I'll be interested to read your answers to White Dove's questions as well...but in the meantime just continue to feel grateful.  Grateful you were able to get the surgery, grateful that you are losing, grateful that you're healther...and grateful that most nutritionists aren't worth the paper their degree is printed on when it comes to WLS patients! 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

(deactivated member)
on 6/20/16 2:09 pm

This is all about you. You sound happy despite your stall. You have and are working very hard at this. Please don't let negative comments from someone who is not living your life or walking in your shoes take away the joy of your achievements. Congratulations on being 1/2 to goal.

Kelly L.
on 6/20/16 4:23 pm

You've lost 45 lb, that's great!   Plus it sounds like you've lost inches as well.   I don't see how your Dr would be unhappy with this.   Congrats!! 

Felynn
on 6/20/16 5:23 pm
VSG on 02/24/16

My starting weight was 253 on feb 24 

i am now 208 and 5.3 tall

i personaly think I need to get under  the 200 lb mark mentally and I'll be fine 

and the truth is when the see the nutritionist I don't feel I get anything out of the appointment ... I feel it is a big waste of time 

frisco
on 6/20/16 8:59 pm

I'm not saying this to discourage or confuse you, just perspective.

Nor am I defending your nutritionist.

The VSG is not a standardized procedure and programs vary greatly.

That means results are all over the place.

Congrats on 45lbs. WL any way you look at it.... it's 45lbs. !!!

On some programs you would be ahead of the curve and on some you would be behind.

In my surgeons program 5'3" 250lbs. women typically lose 80-100lbs. in 6 months with a goal weight around 125lbs.

So, your surgeons program may be a bit more aggressive.

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

Steph Meat Hag
on 6/23/16 12:05 pm - Dallas , TX
VSG on 03/14/16 with

You know you go to him or her for a reason.  That's to find foods that are good for you, talk about vitamins, seek out new ideas for times your stuck, and look for foods that promote your health.  This person is not really there to tell you that your doing awesome and give you a high five but they are also not there to tell you that your not doing well enough.  If they've stepped out of their zone providing the types of advice like those above then write off what they're saying.  Your 4 months out and you've been loosing and your loosing well.  You know that, you feel that, others have probably saw that.  So wave this away and don't worry on it.  You've vented and now put it outa your head. 

Age:40|Height: 5'9"|Lap Band 2/11/08 |Revision VSG 3/14/16

The cake is a lie, but Starbucks is not.

https://fivedaymeattest.com

Felynn
on 6/24/16 3:06 am
VSG on 02/24/16

Thanks !! I feel a little better..

i might not loose like others but then again I never did ... I can't change my genetics only my habits 

Most Active