Did anyone else feel this way?

Secrets224
on 6/16/16 7:04 am
VSG on 09/27/16

Hi Monique! Thank you for the warm welcome! Yes! Somebody mentioned her to me the other day and I looked her up and am now following her on YouTube! She's great! Thank you so much! 

coyote21
on 6/18/16 6:44 am

Hi there! I'm actually a little taller than you so I found this post interesting. I'm 5'11". 260lbs. Size 18/20. I'm still on my 6 month supervised diet and waiting for a surgery date. I've lost 28lbs since November of last year. But 28lbs in 8 months is not good enough. I have another 100lbs to lose and I'm in a major stall. Nothing lost in 2 months.  And this is exactly why I need the surgery, I've tried numerous times to lose weight and haven't been very successful at all. I'm super excited and can't wait to join the losers bench. I'll try to follow your progress as you'll be sleeved before I finish my insurance requirements. Lol. Good luck !

Secrets224
on 6/20/16 12:55 pm
VSG on 09/27/16

Hi! Great to see another tall lady on our team here! I am so glad i joined this forum. Someone else told me that the height is the advantage in this surgery alot of time because of the way the weight distributes itself since we are tall, so i am looking forward to that. I'm 5'9, i wear a 2x and a 22 tall pants. I was 334 at my consult and I am 316-318 at any given time at this point back and forth as usual no matter what I do or eat. But I am trying and that is the main thing! So, I am hoping to get down to 220... and anything below that would be an awesome bonus. I'd love to be  170. That is where my true self-goal lies because i remember what I looked like when i was 170 and it was amazing! So i'm sure I will get there eventually but i won't hold myself to it if i cant quite get down that low. Have to remember that was before I had 2 kids and all that happy fun stuff that comes with life. So, i am very optimistic and excited for this! I'd love to keep in touch!! :) Looking forward to being a big loser on the loser's bench!!! :) 

coyote21
on 6/20/16 1:08 pm

So glad to hear from you! I just got my blood test results, everything is good except my vitamin D is 2 points too low. Ugh! So I'll be taking vitamin D again. Lol. I have 2 kids as well. Both boys. My oldest will be 13 next week and my youngest will be 8 next month. On my wedding day in 2001 I weighed right at 140 lbs. I know I'll never see that again but I would love to get to around 175. At least I'll be able to get my vitamin D up by the time I finish my 6 month diet plan so the surgery can be scheduled sooner rather than later. Haha. Definitely keep in touch. Look forward to a new life and new friends! 

Secrets224
on 6/20/16 1:59 pm
VSG on 09/27/16

So nice to talk to people who are down to earth and have the same struggles that we all have and are able to share on an open forum and everyone seems to be very supportive here! So glad to have met you and i'm here for ya! :) 

mgruber15
on 7/2/16 7:42 pm
VSG on 06/04/15

Hi Secrets224!

I'm 5'10" and started at 338 lbs. I completely agree with everything that has been said so far. I'm one year out (6/4/15), and down just over 100 lbs. I feel and look fantastic! One positive that I noticed is that I could keep wearing the same clothes for a while, they just looked better and better. Being tall, the weight is more spread out and you don't change sizes as quickly. It saves a little money at the beginning :) There was someone in my support group who had surgery a couple months before I did. She is also quite tall, maybe an inch or two taller than me, and she has done amazingly well also. 

I will just echo many other posts and say that you have to follow your program/rules. Exercise is REALLY important, but be reasonable. I'm running 5Ks now, but I started with walking for 5 mins a couple times a day after surgery. Time will fly and you will wonder why you waited so long to do this for yourself!! 

Secrets224
on 7/3/16 12:01 pm
VSG on 09/27/16

Hiii! Thank you so much! Loved your response. Congratulations on your weights loss! I will definitely be following the Dr's directions to the max. I love to exercise as well so that'll be perfect for me.  Thank you again!! 

Secrets224
on 7/3/16 1:00 pm
VSG on 09/27/16

Hiii! Thank you so much! Loved your response. Congratulations on your weights loss! I will definitely be following the Dr's directions to the max. I love to exercise as well so that'll be perfect for me.  Thank you again!! 

Most Active