ok....I messed up

Anita
on 6/14/16 7:25 pm

I wasn't particularly hungry....ok, I wasn't even a little hungry....but I wanted to get in a bit more protein and fluid. I got my 60 g protein, but about 8 oz shy of the 64 oz fluid. So, I sipped on some soup. Well....I felt full and my dumb "fat brain" said....what will a few more sips matter??? WRONG ANSWER.........so now I'm nauseous and hoping it doesn't come back up............the soup was good, but I hope that I won't be making that mistake again.

Did I damage my new stomach or am I going to survive the nausea with nothing worse than a lesson learned?

Thanks all!

Good friends are like stars. 
You don't always see them but you always know they're there. 

luvmypuggies
on 6/14/16 7:38 pm

Lol - been there, done that! :)   You'll be fine - just wait for that horrible feeling to pass.  It won't take too long.  

mylastchance
on 6/14/16 8:15 pm

....Yes for sure I'll bet most of us have been in that same place.  I was there about 3 months ago in a restaurant,  and that is actually when I realized my restriction is still working....I am 6 years out,  had a tough last year and have been off the right road and now I am trying my best to be better and am doing pretty good. 

It passes, sometimes slowly but when it does happen it is a certain reminder not to go there again....hahahahaha. 

But from time to time it happens.  I thought I hadn't had much restriction left but wow oh wow....I found out YES I DO!

The best to you on your journey.

"I COULD HAVE MISSED THE PAIN BUT I'D OF HAD TO MISS THE DANCE"
             I have missed too many dances in my life now it is time to start living
5' 1"

Chris "Thick-to-Fit" T.
on 6/15/16 5:03 am - FL
VSG on 05/26/16

Ive done this several times... did you end up getting sick?

Hopefully not! The "sick" I know is the foamies/slimies... lots of thick saliva in mouth and lots of gassy bubbly burps with foam that come up, leading me to dry heaving or throwing up more slime and foam... lasts sometimes 15 minutes, sometimes a few hours

Definitely takes some getting used to to know when to stop eating... and to recognize when full, since the sense I get is much different than before surgery

So far i've been good for a few days now :D

Blog: www.thickto.fit

YouTube: Click Here!

Instagram: ThickTo.Fit

Heaviest Weight: 345 | SW: 315 | CW: 175 | GW: ~180

Sandra F.
on 6/15/16 6:01 am

I decided to eat a banana the other night and had already had some other food, but thought that I had waited enough time.  WRONG, so wrong.  Had the slimies, foamies, whatever you want to call them, for about 20 minutes after.  I am 18 months out, so you would think I would have learned by now but I think it is something that us sleevers will always have to be mindful of and watch closely.  Since I have done this before, I don't think you damaged your stomach.  Of course you don't want to do it on a regular, so I know you will be careful next time.

P goode
on 6/15/16 6:02 am - Arlington, TX
VSG on 05/11/16

Don't ever eat frozen scrambled eggs..........

Split a frozen breakfast with my daughter. NOT a good idea. The eggs were spongy and I chewed forever but it didn't matter. Very similar to that old unpredictable lap band misery I had experienced long ago.  Lasted about an hour but I noticed my sleeve was sore and inflamed for a couple of days. Had to go back to mostly liquids.

Done! Your Ticker:

"Long ago in a galaxy far away"- WT-325. Lap band WT-287. Sleeve WT- 220, SW- 215, CW-144

cappy11448
on 6/15/16 6:42 am

Yes,  It is so easy to over-eat the sleeve early out.  And painful!  And the slimeys are the worst! 

You'll get really good at knowing your limits pretty quickly.  We've all been there.

best wishes,

Carl

Surgery May 1, 2013. Starting Weight 385,  Surgery Weight 333,  Current Weight 160.  At GOAL!

Weight loss Pre-op 1-20 2-17 3-15 Post-op 1-20 2-18 3-15 4-14 5-16 6-11 7-12  8-8

9-11 10-7 11-7 12-7 13-8 14-6 15-3 16-7 17-3  18-3

Most Active