regain

bklyncat1958
on 6/13/16 4:45 pm

had the sleeve in 2011 my weight was 272 got down to 138 which was a little to low for me . well its been 5 yrs and just had my appendix out like this past wed . well I new I had some regain just never weighed myself . one morning the nurse came and said I was 180 that was laying down in the bed . when I got my discharge papers it said I was 195 ouch . I'm trying to get back on track . I'm using my fitness pal . was wondering if anyone had a another weight loss surgery and would ins cover it again

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 6/13/16 6:19 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

Insurance plans vary a lot; the only way to know if and when yours would cover a second surgery would be to talk to customer service and/or check your benefits book.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Kelly L.
on 6/13/16 7:54 pm

Hi, sorry to hear you have regained some of your weight back.   I am not sure about your insurance company, you can check with them on that.   I was wondering if you have tried to lose the weight again by going on a low carb way of eating.   That is what the successful sleevers do and it seems to work.   I am 5 yrs out too, and I never reached my goal, so I am jealous of you.   I am back to basics now, eating protein and veggies.   I still have good restriction and no hunger, so my sleeve is still working.   I just have to do my part now, and I know I can reach my goal.  Coming on here for support is a good idea too.   Good luck!

L. 68
on 6/14/16 8:57 am

First of all Congratulations on your weightloss since 2011. The higher number coming out of hospital for sure has added water weight from IV's (trust me i gained 9lbs in 2 days in hospital from the IV's) so you stated the 138 was "a little to low for you" what is your comfortable weight?  

Lets say its 145 and minus the water weight from hospital your 185  that is about 40 lbs more to lose this is just am estimate since you didnt give specific.  Instead of jumping to another surgery why dont you try working this one out by going back to basics no sliders no sugar no carbs  lots of water and protein and veggies i bet you will restart that sleeve.  

best of luck you can do this..

"Your not a failure if you fall your a failure if you fall and don't get up"

" Beauty is Pain"

Most Active