18 Month F/U appointment and Goal weight

Theduffman27
on 6/8/16 10:04 am
VSG on 11/19/14

Thanks for responding , the BMI chart is very frustrating /discouraging. I think I will look into a Body fat percentage test. Thanks

happyteacher
on 6/7/16 2:12 pm

I just think it is different for athletic men. You can put so much weight on in muscle relative to what we can as women (excluding the small percent of women who train professionally like). I would take a look at your body fat, and a little less at the bmi given your physique. It sure sounds like you are in the right spot, doc is on board, off meds, etc. Congrats!

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

Theduffman27
on 6/8/16 10:05 am
VSG on 11/19/14

Thank you for your response and putting into perspective, I can get caught up on a roller coaster at times , I just need to believe in the program.

H.A.L.A B.
on 6/8/16 5:26 am

Yes. All the time. Last 8 years. 

I have large frame, strong bones and muscles.  Add a few lbs of extra skin.  I still fit in overweight category. But my body fat % is relatively low (for a woman my age), and my size is relatively low...

It may help you get tested gpfor body fat % - either DEXA scan or other accurate body fat % (i.e water test).

That test is not very expensive and it can help you with mentally accepting your curent # on the scale. 

I can lose down to "normal BMI" -  but that would mean losing muscles...not fat only . That would not look good on me (i've been there) or it would not be healthy for me.  And it would be more difficult to maintain. 

Now your goal would be not to gain "size" . Take your measurements. - and one day - when you relax, or get busy with offerings, or some other thing happens - and you stop working out and maintaining you muscles - don't let the scale be your indicator you are doing OK. Because it is so easy to maintain the weight ..but turn the extra muscles into fat... 

I've seen that.. Suddenly - the clothes don't fit even though the scale shows the same number.  What is good with low body fat % is not ok as we lose muscles. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Theduffman27
on 6/8/16 10:09 am
VSG on 11/19/14

Thank you for your response. I need to get a body fat % test done.

It is amazing at the reaction I can have to the scale even though I feel great.

It is a fine line and that is why I am not working out to gain mass, but to become toned. I hope I am on the right path.

Most Active