What do y'all think about this product???

Donna L.
on 5/21/16 12:16 pm - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

I've had them.  They are good and not super sweet.  The isopure is a bit better homogenized.  These aren't clear, but they are a bit opaque.  They are more expensive than the regular shakes, but they are a nice mix-up.

I'll probably stick with my Syntrax Nectar fruit and tea flavors for when I get tired of the chocolate protein powder.  Cheaper per serving.

I follow a ketogenic diet post-op. I also have a diagnosis of binge eating disorder. Feel free to ask me about either!

It is not that we have so little time but that we lose so much...the life we receive is not short but we make it so; we are not ill provided but use what we have wastefully. -- Seneca, On the Shortness of Life

Jojo7l7
on 5/21/16 5:53 pm
VSG on 04/28/16

I drink premier protein

30g protein 160 calories

petra65
on 5/21/16 7:06 pm - AL
VSG on 06/28/16

I tried the Premier Protein chocolate shakes today for the first time.  They are actually pretty good.  I also went to GNC today looking for a small container of vanilla isopure powder which they didn't have-only a huge tub of it so I ended up buying a small container of one of their products but I was talking to the sales person and told him I was having WLS next month and preparing for that so he showed me those isopure drinks.  I bought one and brought it home to try.  Glad to hear other people have tried them and like them but yes, they are pricey. I noticed they sell some kind of protein drink that also looked decent from the packaging- something like 170 calories and 25 grams of protein.  Has anyone tried them?  I didn't inspect them too carefully so I really don't know much about flavors or price.

Courage2Enjoy
on 5/22/16 3:58 pm
VSG on 04/28/16

KansasPrincess - I do the Lift protein drink and asked my dietitian about it and she gave me the go ahead!  Orange is my favorite.  I've found them at Walmart.

It's hard right now for me to get the shakes down and I was going to try to do 2 shakes a day to get my protein in but now, I drink this in between and then water later...

AlanaHolt4
on 5/22/16 8:28 pm

Where is the lift protein located in walmart?  I have not seen it there

KansasPrincess
on 5/23/16 5:13 am - Gardner, KS
VSG on 10/15/15

I found it in the pharmacy area where all the protein powder is located

HEIGHT 5'6" HW: 422.7 CW: 267.8 SURGERY DATE: 10/15/15 GW:160-170 VSG IN TIJUANA MEXICO WITH DR. JAIME PONCE DE LEON- REVISION TO RNY WITH DR. J. STEPHEN SCOTT, KS. 10/16/18

CMR1075
on 5/22/16 8:26 pm
VSG on 01/15/16

I started losing my hair recently and went to my NUT for help. I told her that I was grabbing an Atkins shake during busy morning, she told me to get off of them. Not entirely sure why but she wasn't thrilled with idea that I was having them. I don't know if they have the type of protein the facility recommends for their patients. 

Courage2Enjoy
on 5/23/16 5:20 am
VSG on 04/28/16

Yes found them near the protein area/ supplements (pharmacy).  CMR - atkins shakes usually don't have enough protein and may have sugar alcohols.  I would ask her what she does recommend.  My doctor and dietitian both stated that at around 3 months expect hair loss.  Taking vitamins and getting as much protein as possible will help with reducing hair loss.  Good luck! 

CMR1075
on 5/23/16 6:55 am
VSG on 01/15/16

Yes she recommended taking some additional vitamins that I wasn't currently taking and told me which shakes were the best for grab and go. I hope that it helps!!!! The stress of losing my hair could not get me anymore upset.

murphyjo
on 5/25/16 8:10 am

I have been enjoying the Lemon flavor, tastes great over ice!  Orange is on my list for today's shopping trip.

Most Active