guilty of sneaky eating(fries, junk)/over eating within 3 weeks? am I dead? stomach's...

Deanna798
on 5/6/16 12:49 pm
RNY on 08/04/15

Just think chicken salad,  or tuna salad.  It wasn't so bad that way.  

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 5/6/16 1:36 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

It basically ends up like baby food-- which isn't so bad. As the mom of a kid who's just starting pureed chicken, I can vouch that it's actually pretty good :)

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 5/6/16 10:53 am - CA
VSG on 12/19/13
On May 6, 2016 at 3:42 PM Pacific Time, thinnerrebecca wrote:

now wait, wait, I know what you'd say, "you can't without throwing up", but I chewed out my fry really well, and have been sort of eating till I'm full week three is supposed to be pureed foods but I can't seems to find anything decent to eat on my pureed foods list! everything tastes crappy when pureed!!!!!

been three days since I started junking out! I started chewing really well some solid foods  esp since I stay at my mom's till next month I can't resist dinner!!!

now I'm freaking out if I stretched my pouch!!!!

and how big is our pouch supposed to be after 3rd week? (appx.) 150-200ml?

I'm constantly hungry! every hour after my meal I get hungry and after I eat I feel guilty I try to throw up and then I throw up a bit it's all one big messy business the last four days!!!!

I've been miserable about this, is it over? have I stretched my stomach?!!!! help!!? 

Were french fries on the post op plan that your surgeon gave you?

Stretching your pouch isn't the issue.  You are eating as if you never had surgery.  

Are you taking a PPI?  If you seriously feel hungry, it could be stomach acid which can mimic hunger.   Otherwise, it's head hunger and you're confusing the two.

Throwing up is yet another eating disorder.  You posted recently asking if it was okay to chew food, then spit it out.  I'm honestly amazed that you qualified psychologically for surgery.  

Why did you have WLS?  

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

thinnerrebecca
on 5/6/16 12:05 pm
VSG on 04/18/16

no no I don't have any eating disorders, I was temporarily thrown off my goal probably cause I already felt glad the surgery is over and I'll be thin and all! I think I'll put my head into perspective again.

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 5/6/16 12:12 pm - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

The surgery isn't magic.  Don't you realize that?  You will NEVER be able to eat like you did before surgery.  In fact, you will have to be more diligent than you have ever been in your life.  You will either (1) never lose much weight, or (2) gain back the weight you lose.

It's said here often but bears repeating:  They operate on your gut, not your head.  If you don't change your thinking about food, you will fail. 

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

thinnerrebecca
on 5/6/16 12:22 pm
VSG on 04/18/16

I ought to sticky note this to my pc! I see what you mean :)

yay!!!

Deanna798
on 5/6/16 1:01 pm
RNY on 08/04/15

I think you need to find a therapist who will help you figure it all out.

I have an eating disorder and I didn't know about it before I had surgery.  At my the first pre-op seminar for the surgery, my bariatric nurse said something that struck home and really put it all into perspective.  If you got large enough to need surgery, you have some sort of issue with food.  The issue is different for everyone, but we all have issues.  Yours may be easier to overcome than mine, or mine easier for me, but we have them.  I honestly believe that.

Please don't hurt yourself by thinking that it's all just going to be okay, because if you keep going the way you are now, it most definitely won't be okay.

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 5/6/16 12:18 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

You have a sleeve, not a pouch & I think you're misinformed as to what you'll expect from a sleeved stomach. For one eating junk food, i.e. carbs from french fries won't in itself make you throw up. I think you're thinking about people with pouches or people who have the band. I've heard banders throw up their food when the band is too tight. I've heard rny'rs sometimes experience dumping because of the refined carbs/sugar.

I doubt you've stretched your sleeve, but there are some real red flags in your post, like trying to make yourself throw up,& feeling guilty about food, being 3 weeks out & eating foods you shouldn't eat.,etc.

I can understand not liking pureed foods, but really you have to suck it up & get your head on straight. Often people have to do things they don't like because its good for them, kinda like when your mom makes you eat vegetables as a kid, she knows its good for you even if you don't like it. Same thing here. 

Please get some therapy, it can really help you.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

thinnerrebecca
on 5/6/16 12:27 pm
VSG on 04/18/16

I'll be making a check with my doctor next Monday on completion of a month, I'll surely bring this up to him, many of you'd mentioned the same fact about my psychological prep, even if not major, there must be some truth to it! thank you :)

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 5/6/16 1:18 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

"Eating and throwing up" deliberately afterwards is called bulimia. I would suggest you see a therapist, and tell your surgeon EXACTLY what you're doing.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Most Active