Post surgery depression or........

GoBlueGirl1998
on 4/2/16 5:00 am - MI

You have a good attitude and youre making the right choices!! Just remember it really does get easier!! I know evryeones plans are different, but egg drop soup was my go to for three weeks post surgery! It was warm and satisfied a head hunger need or warm food. Good luck to you!! 

Age: 40 Height: 5'8" Highest Weight: 325 Starting Weight: 291 Current Weight: 166 Goal Weight: 160

VSG 10/24/14 with Dr. David Chengelis

Newchapter
on 4/2/16 6:14 am
VSG on 03/23/16

Oh girl!!!  It's like you were reading my mind. Last night I was so craving egg drop soup but it was storming so I didn't stop. I noticed my taste seems to be changing some, so I do hope that will be one thing I will still enjoy cause I seriously don't think I can handle much more refried beans and cheese. Lol. Thank you again for the words of encouragement and 18 months without an appetite?  Oh if I could be so lucky. Have a great weekend. 

Laura in Texas
on 4/2/16 6:27 am

I made myself drink 4 protein shakes a day even if I were not hungry or did not feel like eating. Getting my nutrition in was my job. I knew I needed to do it for my body to heal properly.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Newchapter
on 4/2/16 5:13 pm
VSG on 03/23/16

I need to have that way of thinking also. It's just hard when the thought of anything besides pure water kinda makes me queasy. But....everyday is a new day to start fresh. So I'll regroup and move forward. If all else, my first post op appt is Thursday. Maybe they can give me some tips and tricks. Thanks for the reply!!  

Most Active