I need to lose 30 pounds to get to my personal goal weight.. What are you guys doing??

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 3/31/16 7:39 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Skip the banana. It's all carb and no protein.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

cappy11448
on 3/30/16 9:08 am

I'm in maintenance, and I eat 4 small meals a day or three meals and a snack.  I aim a little low for calories, so I have a little room for cheating.  I try to keep my meals between 300 and 400 calories each, giving me 1200 to 1500 calories per day. 

When I was in weight loss especially near the end, I did the same, but limited it to three meals a day with 300 to 350 calories per meal.  Then I'd add low cal snacks like cucumbers,  broccoli slaw, raw veggies, etc.  That gave me about 900 to 1100 calories per day.  The first 6 - 9 months were more like 600 to 800 calories per day.

I think low carb is key.  I can't manage the cravings if I eat carbs..  That's why I'm having such a hard time now getting back on track.  I'm having trouble giving up the humus and crackers.  But I know what I need to do.  I just like eating them so much.  I'm trying to fool myself into thinking I can lose weight while eating crackers.  Today I'm going cold turkey on the carbs.

Good luck getting past the 180 barrier.  You can do it.

Carol

Surgery May 1, 2013. Starting Weight 385,  Surgery Weight 333,  Current Weight 160.  At GOAL!

Weight loss Pre-op 1-20 2-17 3-15 Post-op 1-20 2-18 3-15 4-14 5-16 6-11 7-12  8-8

9-11 10-7 11-7 12-7 13-8 14-6 15-3 16-7 17-3  18-3

Laura in Texas
on 3/30/16 2:50 pm
On March 30, 2016 at 1:03 PM Pacific Time, Queen_Q89 wrote:

So Im officially a year and a month post sleeve surgery. My surgery was February 19, 2015! I've lost about 80 lbs so far. My weight is 180 give or take a few pounds. This is the maximum weight that my surgeon told me I would reach with the surgery, but of course I know that with diet and exercise anything is possible. My personal goal weight is 150 lbs. I'm sort of at a plateau because I cannot seem to get pass this 180 lb mark! At times it seems like the scale lies to me! One week I'm 176 and the next I'm 186. I really don't understand this. I'm not really dieting although I don't eat a lot. Its the sweets cravings that are holding me back, but my doctor put me on vitamin D and I find that the sweets cravings are getting better. Im scheduled for a tummy tuck next year in July so I would like to get to my goal weight of 150 lbs before then. My nutritionist gave me a crappy diet where I am supposed to eat five small meals a day three hours apart all before 3 pm and with work and life this doesn't work for me. Even if I was unemployed I wouldn't be able to consume that much food! So how are you guys' eating habits? Can any of you give me some tips or a sample schedule and amounts and times that you guys are eating? I really want to lose this last 30 pounds! Maintaining my weight is not a problem because I don't really eat much, but again I just cant seem to get past this hurdle! HELPP!!

The fact that you said "I don't really eat much" more than once makes me think you really do not know how much you are eating. Measure your portions and track every bite. It's easy to see where you need to cut back (carbs and/or calories) when you see it in black and white.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

frisco
on 3/30/16 4:24 pm

Your pretty much in the "most people" category right now. 

Lots of people come about 30-50lbs. short of goal.

The very simplest answer is that you have to eat less calories.

To resume WL your probably going to have to reduce your calories by 4-500 per day.

This where it gets tough and all fight.

Many people just plain run out of commitment and can't do it.

Reduce your caloric intake by 500 cals a day for 2 weeks (be frickin on point and honest) and if you lose weight, you have found the answer and if you can't do that for 2 weeks...... it's probably not going to happen.

I know that sounded tough, but it's honest and if you find another way that is easier, please let me know !!!

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

Laura in Texas
on 3/31/16 5:44 am

Well said and so true. Most people who had surgery the same time as me did come about 30-50 pounds short of their goal and sadly many have gained since then.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Neesie57
on 3/30/16 7:23 pm
VSG on 08/04/15

I had surgery August 4, 2015, and am still in weight loss mode.  Each day I eat less than 700 calories a day, 55-85 grams of protein, and less than 40 carbs.  I don't lose much if I eat over 700 calories.  

I weigh and measure everything I eat, and can't eat more than 3-4 ounces at a times.  If I find I'm getting head hunger, I busy myself with something that keeps my mind and my hands occupied, usually sewing, quilting and/or knitting.  Getting out of the house helps also, because it keeps my mind off of eating.  

I'm within 12 pounds of goal, so it's slow going right now, but it's still going.  I'm determined to reach my goal and get the plastic surgery I want next year.  Nothing is going to keep me from that tummy tuck!

5' 5" tall. VSG on August 4, 2015/ Starting weight 239.9/ Surgery weight 210.9/ Current weight 137.4/ Goal weight 140/ No longer overweight, now a NORMAL weight. Now that I'm at goal, it's time to move on to maintenance!!!!!!!!

Most Active