I need to lose 30 pounds to get to my personal goal weight.. What are you guys doing??

Queen_Q89
on 3/30/16 6:03 am - FL
VSG on 02/19/15

So Im officially a year and a month post sleeve surgery. My surgery was February 19, 2015! I've lost about 80 lbs so far. My weight is 180 give or take a few pounds. This is the maximum weight that my surgeon told me I would reach with the surgery, but of course I know that with diet and exercise anything is possible. My personal goal weight is 150 lbs. I'm sort of at a plateau because I cannot seem to get pass this 180 lb mark! At times it seems like the scale lies to me! One week I'm 176 and the next I'm 186. I really don't understand this. I'm not really dieting although I don't eat a lot. Its the sweets cravings that are holding me back, but my doctor put me on vitamin D and I find that the sweets cravings are getting better. Im scheduled for a tummy tuck next year in July so I would like to get to my goal weight of 150 lbs before then. My nutritionist gave me a crappy diet where I am supposed to eat five small meals a day three hours apart all before 3 pm and with work and life this doesn't work for me. Even if I was unemployed I wouldn't be able to consume that much food! So how are you guys' eating habits? Can any of you give me some tips or a sample schedule and amounts and times that you guys are eating? I really want to lose this last 30 pounds! Maintaining my weight is not a problem because I don't really eat much, but again I just cant seem to get past this hurdle! HELPP!!

Bufflehead
on 3/30/16 6:23 am - TN
VSG on 06/19/13

Here is what I do in weight loss mode:

--weigh/measure all food portions and log them in MyFitnessPal

--maximum 1100 calories per day, minimum 100 grams of protein per day

--exercise at least 30 minutes per day, 6 days per week -- do NOT count calories burned or eat them back

--eliminate grains, starchy vegetables, and sweets from my diet

This works really well for me. When I eat and how much, I adjust in terms of what works with my schedule on any given day.

Queen_Q89
on 3/30/16 6:26 am - FL
VSG on 02/19/15

Okay thanks!

Luvmygs
on 3/30/16 7:46 am
VSG on 12/04/14

I'm 15 months post sleeve and only eat 3 meals a day and I weigh all my food. I'm still only able to eat about 4-5 ounces per meal. So in order to keep up with my protein I still make my self 1 protein shake a day for breakfast. My NUT said do not eat between meals, if I really need something have a protein shake or protein bar. Something I learned early on that someone said on this blog "weight loss surgery is not going to help you if you do not change your life style and eating habits." This is so true. If you can stop eating those addicting sugars, you'll be successful. Good luck.

Queen_Q89
on 3/30/16 8:15 am - FL
VSG on 02/19/15

see with my nutrition team im told to avoid protein shakes.

NYMom222
on 3/30/16 6:09 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

Sometimes they say avoid Protein Shakes because they are liquid calories and may not feel like a meal. Many people use them throughout weight loss. If everything the nutrition team told you was working you wouldn't be asking this question. :)....

I still have a protein shake a day, usually in the morning. For my a liquid morning works, water, tea, coffee, protein shake. Don't eat solid food until lunch. Sometimes I will heat up a premier protein and have it like a hot chocolate at night. My goal is at least 100g protein a day.

Sometimes we have to change it up and find out what works for us. Do something new. Make sure you are eating some fat, we need that as well.

Protein first then veggies, the rest of the stuff comes if you still have room.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Queen_Q89
on 3/30/16 6:22 pm - FL
VSG on 02/19/15
On March 31, 2016 at 1:09 AM Pacific Time, NYMom222 wrote:

Sometimes they say avoid Protein Shakes because they are liquid calories and may not feel like a meal. Many people use them throughout weight loss. If everything the nutrition team told you was working you wouldn't be asking this question. :)....

I still have a protein shake a day, usually in the morning. For my a liquid morning works, water, tea, coffee, protein shake. Don't eat solid food until lunch. Sometimes I will heat up a premier protein and have it like a hot chocolate at night. My goal is at least 100g protein a day.

Sometimes we have to change it up and find out what works for us. Do something new. Make sure you are eating some fat, we need that as well.

Protein first then veggies, the rest of the stuff comes if you still have room.

As far as the protein shakes go im not able to keep any of them down after the surgery and the rest of the items on my no list are things like pasta beans sugar bread corn and other bad foods that I should stay away from. As far as me asking the question even if everything was going perfect with my nutritionist I would most likely still ask you guys because I feel that the best advice comes from those that have gone through the situation or are currently going through the situation. The nutritionists only read about it in school, so even though they can give standard advice on how to be healthy and lose weight. I would still ask on a wls forum because we're all here to help each other and share our journeys!

Luvmygs
on 3/31/16 9:13 pm
VSG on 12/04/14

Mine too, but I'm not getting enough protein with food so I'm drinking shakes to get in my 64 grams of protein daily. I'm not much of a breakfast eater either, but with protein shakes, these keep me satisfied until lunch.

4khansen
on 3/30/16 8:33 am, edited 3/30/16 1:33 am - IA
VSG on 07/01/15

We are about the same place.... I am 9 months out of surgery, down 128 lbs or so and my goal is 22 more lbs as of today.  Was only 18.6 a few days back ugghh.

Anyway, my food schedule during the work week is pretty constant.

Breakfast -- usually 1 egg with 1oz of cheddar cheese lightly scrambled, two turkey sausage patties or a strip of bacon.  Coffee and vitamins, etc.

Lunch -- something leftover I have frozen to reheat at work (i.e. today was a black bean pasta with, olive oil, parm, spinach, prosciutto, craisins and pine nuts combo) about 3/4 cup.  Along with a greek yogurt and a couple of tablespoons of protein granola.  For snacks at work a one inch square of black bean brownie and a cup of skim milk with a 1/2 scoop of vanilla protein powder and a little Miralax mixed in to keep me regular!

Dinner -- Of course that varies, but usually 3-4 ounces of meat (chicken, pork, steak etc.) maybe a little side salad and dressing.  Maybe pizza, two pieces at the most (thin crust).  Chili is always good, either chicken chili or regular. A few veggies, either raw or cooked (carrots, green beans, broccoli, cauliflower) I'm sure you know the drill there. 

Evening snacks -- nuts, (a small handful), skim milk mixed with 1/2 banana, 1/4 cup of frozen fruit, a little vanilla protein powder and 1 sugar substitute packet.  Cheese is also my go to for snacking if needed.  Love hard cheeses, asiago, parm, gouda, the stinkier the better!

Water intake, mostly early in the day.  I try to have all required water in by 5:00 p.m. to avoid getting up all night to empty my bladder. 

I am still losing, on average, about 7 lbs a month.  Not real fast but consistent.

HW: 336.5 (March 1, 2015), Height: 5'11", Birthdate: November 8, 1955

VSG: July 1, 2015 288.0 lbs, University of Iowa Hospitals -- Dr. Isaac Samuel

CW: 196 lbs, goal: 186

8/2/15 -- 263.8 | 8/30/15 -- 256.0 | 9/20/15 -- 248.6 | 11/1/15 -- 240.6 | 11/29/15 -- 233.2 | 1/3/16 -- 227.4 | 1/31/16 -- 218.6 | 2/28/16 -- 211.2 | 3/27/16 -- 204.6 | 5/2/2016 -- 206.6 | 5/30/2016 -- 203.8 | 7/7/2016 --198.8 | 8/1/2016 -- 197.8 | 1/25/2017 -- 196.3 | 3/23/2017 -- 194

Queen_Q89
on 3/30/16 12:14 pm - FL
VSG on 02/19/15

Omg im amased at your weightloss so far. I stay away from pizza, and beans. Your breakfast sounds great! I usually try and have a banana or two boiled eggs for breakfast. 

Most Active