Surgery Tomorrow - Worried about Nausea?

Linda B.
on 3/27/16 3:49 pm - CO
VSG on 09/13/12

Nausea to determine if something is wrong is one of the craziest things I have heard. Please let the anesthesiologist know that you have had problems in the past. I have done that and they always give me something to keep it from happening. One of the last things you need is to be dry heaving after having your stomach cut. Remember, the medical team is working for you, don't settle for the misery of post-op nausea. 

high weight 230 start of journey weight 217 surgery weight 191 current weight 138

mistiep
on 3/28/16 3:58 am
VSG on 03/17/16

I had my surgery on 3-17 and I only had problems with nausea one time in the hospital, and they gave me medication and I was fine.  The medications they give you work very well, well at least they did for me.  Pain really was not an issue either, yes I was sore but over all pain I was not in much.  Be positive, this will be over and done with before you know it and you will be on your new life's journey.  I had my Surgery done on a Thursday and by Friday night I was no longer taking the pain medications.  Get up and walk as much as you can, it really does help!  Best of luck to you!.

Suzannadanna
on 3/28/16 8:36 am
VSG on 03/08/16

No nausea meds is a bunch of malarkey. I personally don't like scopolomine, it can cause wicked dry mouth, and in some people can give them hallucinations. IV Zofran is a good choice while inpatient, but after 3 days it starts to lose it's efficacy (and can also contribute to constipation). My surgeon sent me home with Compazine (prochlorperazine) suppositories, and I needed them twice so far, in the first couple of days home. I am 3 weeks out tomorrow, and doing well. Good luck!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 3/28/16 6:56 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Surgery was at around 3.  You were all correct - I have nausea meds on board.  Feeling surprisingly well and went a short block in the hall.  Can feel the gas in my shoulders but can hopefully walk it iff tomorrow.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-125 CW: 121

Most Active