Why hello there, I'm Rafa

happyteacher
on 3/26/16 12:23 pm

Hi Rafa!!

1) How long did it take you to reach your goal weight?  8 months. See my ticker for a monthly break down.

2) Will I ever eat normally again, for real? Like, will I be able to go to Olive Garden with my friends, order something off the menu and chill with them and burn it out at the gym the next day like nothing ever happened or is my diet always going to be special, different and/or home made?

Oh, for sure. I eat out just about anywhere, but still avoid fast food. You will find it is easy to stick to just the protein and green leafy options at restaurants. Olive garden has a pretty darn good lighter fare menu that works well for us actually. Many times we save money due to either ordering an appetizer or splitting a meal with my hubby.

3) How did exercise actually affect your weight loss? I exercised 1 hour a day, 6 days a week. Sometimes extra on the weekend. I would characterize it as keeping me pretty steady versus claiming it lost x number of pounds. I was eating 1200 calories during the weight loss phase around 4 or 5 months out though, which is a little higher than what you will see most eat. I am tall too 6'2'', so that accounts for some of thsoe calories as well. Exercise is particularly useful to keep you maintaining and warding off regain. During the weight loss phase it was most useful in that I exercised at night during my prime grazing/crappy eating period- so it was highly effective at keeping me out of the fridge. :)

4) Did you have to get plastic surgery? I did. I am also surprised by this. If you would have asked me at the onset of this process, I would have categorically said I would never want it. I carried my weight in my belly, and 150 pounds later I found that the sagging skin and appearance of still being overweight despite not being so bothered I how I felt when being intimate with the hubby. I had a TT done (anchor scar). Insurance covered the pani removal, I paid 2 grand for the vertical cut to tighten the muscles Worth every freaking penny. It boosted my confidence imeasurably and I was shocked at how much better I looked. Turned out, I didn't have any fat in the belly left- but you would not have thought that looking at me just prior to surgery. But, please know- if I had to chose between loose skin or being super fat... loose skin wins it hands down.

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

Rafa
on 3/26/16 11:21 pm
VSG on 03/16/16

Thank you VERY much for your reply! 

Every little bit of info and opinion I've been getting here helps strengthen my resolve for the next step in my journey. 

There is nothing we cannot accomplish with determination and willpower.

Most Active