Questions about post op

Aurorasw
on 3/22/16 4:46 pm
VSG on 04/26/16

Thank you very much!!! I " only" have 75-80 to lose as well so I heard it can take longer. I appreciate the feedback. I know it is not a quick fix. Good for you though! You must be very happy with your success now. I'm sure it must be a constant battle! Thanks for the advice. It helps!!! 

Thanks again!!!!

Caluliclan
on 3/26/16 7:19 am
VSG on 03/21/16

Hi! Sorry, for barging into this conversation but I just had my sleeve surgery on 3/21/16 and I also need to loose around 80 lbs. I have wondered if my weight will also come off slowly

katszeye
on 3/22/16 2:40 pm

It is totally understandable to be very nervous.  I had surgery 3 weeks ago and was concerned that I would die and leave my kids behind.  Well, I was on the road to an unhealthy life and shortened lifespan from being so overweight.  It was the best decision I ever made!  

In terms of the party, it sounds like you are determined to have it on the day you identified.  You can do it but you will be tired, as others have mentioned.  Do you have a spouse/partner who will help out?  Just remember, if you feel ill or too tired, you can always cancel.  You could have gotten a bad cold or flu anyway, which can explain you being under the weather.  

Go forward with the surgery and take it easy.  

Aurorasw
on 3/22/16 2:59 pm
VSG on 04/26/16

Thank you so very much for your kind response. Yes I have a very supportive husband who will be extremely helpful. He also thinks that I shouldn't get the surgery. He is worried that I could die. I just haven't told my friends and relatives because they will try to convince me not to get it. I do think if I keep going at this weight I will have significant health problems in the future. If I am weak and shaking a week later I can postpone the party. I hate to do that but I might have to. How are you feeling now? What have you been eating? Did you lose any weight yet? Again thank you for your response. I really appreciate it!!!

hollykim
on 3/22/16 3:30 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On March 22, 2016 at 9:59 PM Pacific Time, Aurorasw wrote:

Thank you so very much for your kind response. Yes I have a very supportive husband who will be extremely helpful. He also thinks that I shouldn't get the surgery. He is worried that I could die. I just haven't told my friends and relatives because they will try to convince me not to get it. I do think if I keep going at this weight I will have significant health problems in the future. If I am weak and shaking a week later I can postpone the party. I hate to do that but I might have to. How are you feeling now? What have you been eating? Did you lose any weight yet? Again thank you for your response. I really appreciate it!!!

I could not have hosted 32 at a week out. 

Your husband must not realize that you are more likely to die in a car accident blocks from your home than you are having bariatric surgery. It is cut and dried in surgery and everyone on the team knows exactly what they are doing, unlike everyone who gets behind the wheel of a car.

katszeye
on 3/22/16 4:16 pm

I feel amazing!!  This is the best, best thing I have done for myself.  Ultimately, that's what this is.  Something for yourself.  Taking care of yourself is so important and you need to do that before you can care for your family.  I'm 44 and I was worried I'd be too tired, etc. I was back at work full-time two weeks out.  I have lost 23 pounds since the day of surgery.  

Aurorasw
on 3/22/16 5:12 pm
VSG on 04/26/16

That is awesome that you are only 3 weeks out and you already lost 23 pounds. More importantly I can't believe that you were back to work full time after 2 weeks. Good for you. I am 47 but I do exercise daily so I am hoping that will help in my recovery. Thanks so much for the input!! 

Steph Meat Hag
on 3/22/16 6:38 pm, edited 3/22/16 11:39 am - Dallas , TX
VSG on 03/14/16 with

I'm 8 days out and I can tell you that you will need a lot of help to host that many people.  It took me about a week to be able to pick things up on the floor and to survive 45mins at the grocery store.

You might have some troubles of complications at one week is you may have a good amount of swelling still (mine is just going down), this makes it hard to tie your shoes or sleep on your side.  You might have a reaction to your meds (I've had a bad adhehisive reaction and some of my cuts have 2" irritation circles, I also have itchy spots all over my belly and sides) That is t likely but I've been on steroids and benadril and that makes me sleepy as all get out.  The trouble with plans 1 week out is if you fly through perfect at most you'll feel like crud and want to get people outa the house asap, but if you have even minor setbacks like dehydration and your likely to feel sluggish or might not be able to hold the event.

Just make sure you have help lined up, think about catering, and be prepared to take a seat!  If you've never saw what this sugery looks like a few days after PM me and I can send you a few pics.  My sister is lined up for sugery and not taking her or my healing time seriously, she changed her tune once she got some pictures.

Age:40|Height: 5'9"|Lap Band 2/11/08 |Revision VSG 3/14/16

The cake is a lie, but Starbucks is not.

https://fivedaymeattest.com

Aurorasw
on 3/23/16 4:37 am
VSG on 04/26/16

Thank you very much for your advice. I really appreciate it. I am really starting to think that I won't be well enough to host people. As long as I do something for my daughter I think it will be fine if I wait a few weeks. Thanks so much!!! Sorry to hear about all of your complications. Take care. 

Steph Meat Hag
on 3/23/16 6:48 am - Dallas , TX
VSG on 03/14/16 with

Thanks so much, I'm sure your daughter will love anything.  I had two friends growning up that that first communions.  One met family at a restaurant and the other had a close family dinner.  

Not saying your family won't find out but they may.  S it possible for you to have a back up issue you've dealt with such as you had your appendix out? I'm not much for telling fibs but if you really don't want to tell them then something like that would explain any issues your having.  However it'd require your husband and daughter to also stick to that.  

I had a lap band in need of being pulled so I told a few people that part and nothing about the rest of this. People can be so darn weird about weight loss not matter how you do it.  If I'd thought about it ahead of time maybe I would have also needed my appendix out. Lol 

Age:40|Height: 5'9"|Lap Band 2/11/08 |Revision VSG 3/14/16

The cake is a lie, but Starbucks is not.

https://fivedaymeattest.com

Most Active