Disappointed

justawesomeme
on 3/17/16 7:48 pm
VSG on 02/29/16

I had my sleeve done 2 weeks ago, and I am just really disappointed in myself. I do not see a change. I guess I expected a little immediate results but I don't. My dr said don'****ch the scale, just do what I'm supposed to and I will be fine and that I am also 17 lbs from pre-op, but my scale hasn't moved. I just feel really discouraged and disappointed in myself I guess. 

Steph Meat Hag
on 3/17/16 9:00 pm - Dallas , TX
VSG on 03/14/16 with

I'm 4 days out and if my scale hadn't moved in 2 weeks I bet I'd be a little disturbed too so I'm not going to say your feelings are out of order.  

However feeling like I have the last few days... There is no way weight loss isn't coming, I've hardly been eating a thing.  Just drinking fluids as much as possible.  If you've been sticking to your plan I'm sure you still have swelling, water weight, and other things going on with your body.  Try to relax and put the scale away for a few days.  

Age:40|Height: 5'9"|Lap Band 2/11/08 |Revision VSG 3/14/16

The cake is a lie, but Starbucks is not.

https://fivedaymeattest.com

queenielovee
on 3/17/16 9:00 pm
VSG on 02/18/16

DON'T be disappointed.  Some lose more weight than others.. follow your meal plan, you will see results.  Have faith.. 

kyzze
on 3/17/16 10:24 pm
VSG on 12/29/15 with

Don't be disappointed, this is normal. The weight will start coming off, just be patient and say on plan.

Kyzze

cappy11448
on 3/18/16 4:59 am

My program told me not to expect to lose weight in the first month.  There are so many changes in your body that affect the scale number.

For the whole weight loss process, the weight on the scales is impacted by so much more than the loss of fat.  Water retention, swelling, hormonal changes.  The important thing to remember is that if you are eating less calories than your body needs, you will be burning fat, and the number on the scale will show it eventually. 

When I was in weight loss, I was so tied to the number on the scale. It felt like the weight loss was so slow.  But looking back, I can see that it was amazing, and the plateaus aren't important in the long run. 

Someone early on told me.  "This is a marathon, not a sprint"  Does it really matter how fast we get to goal if every month we are getting healthier and having more energy and looking better?  Does it really matter if we get to goal in 6 months or 12 month or 18 months? 

So try to see the big picture.  If you follow the rules, you'll lose weight.

best wishes,

Carol

Surgery May 1, 2013. Starting Weight 385,  Surgery Weight 333,  Current Weight 160.  At GOAL!

Weight loss Pre-op 1-20 2-17 3-15 Post-op 1-20 2-18 3-15 4-14 5-16 6-11 7-12  8-8

9-11 10-7 11-7 12-7 13-8 14-6 15-3 16-7 17-3  18-3

handtlkr
on 3/18/16 6:05 am - Gulfport, MS
VSG on 12/17/15

I was hearing my friends say they lost 20 or 30 pounds the first month and I was so disappointed when I only lost 11 pounds that first month.  Since then, though, I've been losing and average of 1/2 pound a day and I'm three months out now.  I officially weigh weekly, and I'm finding a pattern of, the scale doesn't move one week, then suddenly, the next week, I've dropped 8 pounds.  This has been very consistent for me for the past 6 weeks.  It was very discouraging that first week, but I kept doing what they said to do, then the next week I saw the sudden drop.  It happened again the next two weeks, no loss, then sudden drop, and now a third set of no loss and a drop.  So, I guess this is how its going to work for me, at least for now.  Everyone is so different, so don't get discouraged, but Do keep on doing what you've been told works.  You'll see the results soon enough, but it can be quite discouraging.  I even kept my measurements, didn't see any loss, then suddenly I was down 10 inches on my waist and hips each.  You'll find your pattern and it will not be so down heartening. 

I've been robbed! My grandbaby stole my heart!  She just raised her hands and I surrendered.

hollykim
on 3/18/16 7:29 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On March 18, 2016 at 2:48 AM Pacific Time, justawesomeme wrote:

I had my sleeve done 2 weeks ago, and I am just really disappointed in myself. I do not see a change. I guess I expected a little immediate results but I don't. My dr said don'****ch the scale, just do what I'm supposed to and I will be fine and that I am also 17 lbs from pre-op, but my scale hasn't moved. I just feel really discouraged and disappointed in myself I guess. 

do an OH search , use the magnifying inch glass in the blue bar above, for 3 week stall, you have hit yours early. It is normal. If I had a dollar for every post about it, I could pay for another round of plastics!

SilverGirl2015
on 3/18/16 7:36 am

What you are feeling is completely normal.  It IS disappointing, and not very reassuring to hear " give it time" when you feel like you should be a skeleton already after all you've put your body through!  But the best advice I've gotten was to put that mean old scale away for a while and just focus on healing and establishing new habits.  VSG works - you'll see!

GoBlueGirl1998
on 3/18/16 9:41 am - MI

You didn't gain the weight over night and this surgery isn't going to make you lose the weight over night! Work your plan, stick to what your NUT and your surgeon wants you to do. You will see the scale move. Also, pay attention to how your body feels, how your clothes feel and step away from the scale for a week or two! 

Age: 40 Height: 5'8" Highest Weight: 325 Starting Weight: 291 Current Weight: 166 Goal Weight: 160

VSG 10/24/14 with Dr. David Chengelis

Grim_Traveller
on 3/18/16 10:05 am
RNY on 08/21/12

I lost over 50 pounds before I went down a size in clothes, or had people notice.

Work the plan like your life depended on it, and you'll do great.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Most Active