What should I ask the surgeon today?

ubserved
on 3/2/16 5:30 pm

I would ask if any of his/her patients have died, what percentage have had complications, what's the recovery time as far as how long he/she expects you to be in the hospital. Some people go in and out the same day, I stayed overnight, but I was walking around so much a couple hours after surgery they were telling me slow down. Personally I could have gone home the day of surgery. Oh well. I would also on your own, looks up your states medical license board and see if there is any disciplinary action on his medical license. Also if you have time, go down to the court house and run his name in the civil division computer, his name, his practice's name and see if he/she has been sued in which case you can look up the case and see why and what the disposition of it is. Personally I would want to know if he/she had been sued for malpractice before you go under the knife. Good luck.

breezy25
on 3/2/16 6:10 pm

I did ask if he had any patients that have died. He said yes - he had a 68 year old man die - but he had many health problems and cardiovascular disease. He explained it more but it was a little complicated. He also said a long time ago He had a 19 year old die from a reaction to ththe anesthesia. 

He told me 2-3 days in the hospital.

ubserved
on 3/2/16 6:36 pm

2 to 3 days in the hospital, that seems over the top to me, but then again I know what I experienced, as well as my brother and sister who also had the surgery. I would still run his medical license and the courts. Peace of mind is priceless, especially when you are looking at surgery. 

Most Active