Anyone here from NJ using North Jersey Laprascopic??

dcapurz
on 3/1/16 7:11 am - NJ
VSG on 02/23/16

Hello All, I am one week out of VSG today and im feeling better but a little weak. I have lost 10lbs since surgery and feeling pretty positive. Im so excited for the future, I have seen so many success stories from friends and others around town, this time its my turn. I would love to hear from anyone in my area.

thanks

L. 68
on 3/1/16 12:24 pm

Well Congratulations to you first!!!!   One week out 10lbs off that sounds promising.. whoohoooo.  I know we read alot from people out of state and since no one has answered you yet i will.  LOl    i'm having my revision done by Lap-Associates in Paramus NJ..surgery at Hackensack Hospital.  Where is North Jersey Laprascopic  i will look it up.   I don't live in Jersey though  i live in NY about 20 minutes away i had my band put in by them also 10 years ago and now im sticking with them for the revision to sleeve..

Your feeling weak because of not eating?  Are you having head hunger?  have you lost your appetite for food?  Are you back to work?  

I have my tentative date of April 5 (it was suppose to be today) 

Again Congratulations and keep us posted on your journey..

"Your not a failure if you fall your a failure if you fall and don't get up"

" Beauty is Pain"

dcapurz
on 3/2/16 7:50 am - NJ
VSG on 02/23/16

Thanks for replying , I think im feeling week due to not enough protein, im trying my hardest to get some down but I just cannot find one that I can tolerate. Im getting some sips in every day tho.

Im not hungry, I think I just miss chewing in general, im getting tired of the taste of PowerAde Zero, Diet Snapple, water, broth, idk. Yes, I am back at work, I came back on Monday, but it has not been easy, yesterday I had to leave early because of too much bloating, I think I wore the wrong pants... for sure.

I get tired very quickly, but I have heard that this is all normal. sometimes im like, I wish I can take a bite of something just to taste it but I know I will not be able to get it down since I can barely get my pills down. I see my doctor again at the end of this week, I think I may be able to move on to pureed foods. hopefully like that I may be able to get in some more protein.

if you don't mind me asking why are you doing a revision?

North Jersey Laparoscopic is in Teaneck NJ and they have another office in West New York, NJ

L. 68
on 3/2/16 11:10 am

Hi Hi D.  i had the band in on January 26 of 2006  i did well lost more than what i was suppose to maintained for about 5,6 years than i started having problems with the band unfill, fill,  unfill, fill  sometimes 2 times in the same day...GERD acid reflux heartburn you name it so i started to do it on my own meaning unfilled completely and back on diet pills weigh****chers ect. than my back problems started coming back real bad with the weight gain so i decided enough is enough and went to my doctor in January to start this process. Revision from band to sleeve.   did you have a band ?  or this is your first wls.?

" Beauty is Pain"

dcapurz
on 3/3/16 7:26 am - NJ
VSG on 02/23/16

Yeah, this is my first WLS , I had the vertical sleeve, so far so good, I go to the dr tomorrow , im just really weak, trying to get in more protein and more liquids, I think im not drinking enough.

L. 68
on 3/3/16 8:36 am

D,

You have to sip sip sip.  At the pre-operative class i participated in (mandatory)  the nutritionist said that in the first week of the liquid phase you are to have   full gatorade or fruit juice including apple juice u are suppose to water it a little because we need that sugar for the energy and also have someone pick up the B12 that disolves under your tongue..you might feel a whole lot better after the post op diet is done than go back to your diet free drinks like snapple isopure gatorade low sugar ect.  but for now please have the delicious apple juice regular full sugar gatorade....

feel better soon!!

" Beauty is Pain"

dcapurz
on 3/3/16 10:03 am - NJ
VSG on 02/23/16

Thanks for everything, I think I will have a little apple juice !!!

Most Active