NSV

(deactivated member)
on 2/29/16 5:52 pm
VSG on 12/17/15

I hiked for an hour (45 minutes up hill 15 back down funny how that works) I don't know when the last time I did this was. Maybe 5-6 years ago? Maybe longer. Normally I would say "there is no way I could hike for an hour; I don't have the stamina" or "my muscles can't handle it" but not today. Today I said I'm going and with every step I took I felt like I could go a little further. I would tell myself just 5 more minute or I would find an out cropping of rock I wanted to get to to take pictures from on top of.  I pushed myself to that next one and the next one I just kept telling myself "oh the pictures from up there would be so pretty".

I drank 34 oz of water during my hike and got some beautiful pictures of the sun coming through the trees and the lake below and I had a few minutes of silent meditation/prayer speaking with God. I have a total exercise high/endorphin rush and I feel awesome right now. That being said I'll probably be sore tomorrow but oh well I did stretch so hopefully that helps. I just ate some delicious cauliflower crust pizza (the first I've ever made and it turned out awesome) and now I am off to the grocery store for eggs, yogurt, sparkling water and crystal lite. Then off to the supplement shop for non flavored protein.

What a nice day I'm having, I feel so blessed. For those who think you can't do it, push yourself! Even if it's just for 20 minutes at first. I learned today I would not die hiking and I wouldn't hate it, and I didn't mind getting sweaty lol. The only bummer is a lost my cute sunglasses but oh well I have lots others so it's fine because what I got out of the day is worth so much more than a lost pair of sunglasses.

(deactivated member)
on 2/29/16 11:39 pm

There will come a time in the not so distant future when you will enjoy challenging yourself to push your body harder and harder just because you can! It's a pretty awesome feeling. Keep up what you're doing and you'll be there before you know it. 

Glad you are feeling the "high" of your hike. That's a wonderful feeling, isn't it?

(deactivated member)
on 3/3/16 10:04 pm
VSG on 12/17/15

I think I like it now Kairk. I am already planning my next hike and I have a ton of friends who want to go with me and bring their kids along so that's exciting and fun. I have a lot to do on my weekend (dishwasher getting fixed and walk through with new rental company so I need to clean the heck out of my place. Not that I keep it dirty but I want to be on good terms with the new rental company. So I don't know if I can do one this weekend but I am going to try for after the rental company comes and the appliance repair person leaves.

ocean4dlm
on 3/1/16 2:25 am - Liverpool, NY
VSG on 05/27/15

Kelly,

It only gets better. Treasure the synergy physical activity brings between mind, body and spirit. When you have all three working together, anything is possible ! You are rocking it !

Age: 64; 5' 5"; High weight: 345; Start weight: 271 (01/05/15); Surgery weight: 218 (05/27/15); Pre-Op (-53); M 1 (-18); M 2 (-1.5); M 3 (-13.5 ); M 4 (-13); M 5 (- 8); M 6 (-12) M 7 (-5, Xmas); M 8 (- 9) Under surgeon's goal and REACHED HEALTHY BMI 12/07/15!! (Six months and one week.) AT GOAL month 8. Maintaining at goal range (139- 144) ~ four (4) years !!

(deactivated member)
on 3/3/16 10:08 pm
VSG on 12/17/15

It is amazing to me honestly. Like of course I always knew food was fuel, but I never put it together in a context of: I eat this food and it gives me strength to take a huge hike and I replenish with water as I sweat and then when I get home I refuel. It's kind of mind blowing. I love that we have such a good hill for hiking within 5 miles of where I live. Lots of trails of all different skill levels/intensities and surrounded by a beautiful lake. The best part is in the summer you can hike the hill than jump into the water for a cool down. Though I am not brave enough for the cliff diving/jumping some do, I just climb down to beach level and swim that way.

Most Active