Water Causing Nausea

LeapSecond
on 2/21/16 8:15 am - AR

I would take fresh ginger and put it in my vitamix and pour boiling water over it and let it steep.  Then I stained it off and added some lemon concentrate to it and sweetened to taste with now brand stevia liquid.  The ginger is really good for the GI tract.  

HW=362(6/14) SW=314(9/14) GW=195 CW=270 (1-26-2020)

psychoticparrot
on 2/20/16 4:47 pm

I had a lot of nausea for weeks post-op, and I got the same answer from my surgeon when I called about it -- "It's normal. Deal with it." I dealt with it right up to the moment I had to be rushed to the Emergency Room with severe dehydration and a kidney infection. If that's your surgeon's backup plan, it sucks big-time.

Call your surgeon back and demand (if you have to) medication to control the nausea -- Zofran worked for me. There's absolutely no reason why you should have to struggle with this when there's a simple solution to it. 

"Just try really hard."  

psychoticparrot

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."

Trina R.
on 2/20/16 5:26 pm - St Louis, MO
VSG on 01/11/16

I see the NP in my surgeon's office on Monday for my 6-week post-op appointment. I'll definitely ask about (and demand if necessary) anti-nausea medication.  That will be right after I report what a good girl I was over the weekend in my dedication to getting fluids in.

Thanks so mmuch for your feedback!

Trina

Sparky50
on 2/21/16 9:39 pm
VSG on 07/21/15

Hi Trina,

I'm seven months post-op and still struggle with water!  I enjoy at least one 20oz bottle of Vitamin Zero water daily. My favorites are the orange and berry flavors. They go down much easier for me than the water. They contain no sugar or sodium and have a good assortment of vitamins too.  There are 4 grams of carbs per bottle.  Not sure where you live, but if you have Amazon Prime Now in your city, they have the lowest prices I've found (.92 - .94 cents per bottle).  Good luck!

HW/CW:250, SW:232. Pre-surgery: -18. Mo1: -20, Mo2: -15, Mo3: -12, Mo4: -10, Mo5: -7, Mo6: -11, Mo7: -6, Mo8: -9, Mo9: -3, Mo10: -2, Mo11: -4, Mo12: -3 GOAL of 140 REACHED IN 8 MONTHS, 8 DAYS! Current: 130 

L. 68
on 2/22/16 7:56 am

i think bj's has the vitamin zero too..

good luck..

"Your not a failure if you fall your a failure if you fall and don't get up"

" Beauty is Pain"

Trina R.
on 2/24/16 5:03 pm - St Louis, MO
VSG on 01/11/16

Thanks for the suggestion! I'll definitely give Vitamin Zero a try!

diane S.
on 2/23/16 11:59 am

by all means get an anti nausea drug. I found that plain water just didn't sit well with me early on but iced tea or hot tea was easier. Just plain old instant lipton. no clue why but it was better.  6 years later I can drink water easily and always have some around.  maybe you could dilute the sports water drinks.    gl   diane s

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Trina R.
on 2/24/16 5:06 pm - St Louis, MO
VSG on 01/11/16

Thanks, Diane! I hope this is one of those issues that will resolve over time. Hearing that others experienced something similar after surgery but are now able to drink water is certainly encouraging!!

Most Active