NSV

(deactivated member)
on 2/15/16 7:28 pm
VSG on 12/17/15

I'M SO HAPPY! I have to give away over half (probably closer to 2/3s) the clothes in my closet that are too big! And I have a like new pair of jeans that I quickly outgrew when an ex boyfriend dumped me, that fit me now so I have 3 pairs instead of two. Luckily I have a person who was around my former size in need of clothing so she will be getting some gently used clothing in good shape and will be good for her to wear on job interviews/to an office job when she finds one. Even though I will have to do laundry more frequently now I am so happy, I also fit back into my favorite bathing suit which hasn't fit in two summers and it's even a bit lose in the tummy but I like how it fits and with how much I swim I will need it so I am not giving it up for the time being. And I have room for some of the clothing I have impulsively bought to shrink into mostly work out/athletic type leggings and tanks etc. I started crying (I'm an emotional person lol) when I was putting things on I didn't dream would fit yet that ended up being too big. Gosh this feeling is so good it's almost like a high. And this makes me feel better than my former love affair with food ever could have. I'm feeling so blessed and excited. I could literally sing at the top of my lungs right now. It makes me want to dance. I will not be the fat girl forever I will be the fit girl at some point. I'm going to start yoga soon too just in my house by watching free youtube videos because I will something low impact that centers around calmness and meditation and I want to be more flexible.

ds123
on 2/15/16 7:33 pm

Nice job!!! I like to hear about others' success. Makes me feel that much more ready. Regarding yoga~ if you can get to a class with a teacher who can be sure to help you get into poses safely, I'd recommend it. Yoga class is a total no judge zone and the guidance is so important!

(deactivated member)
on 2/15/16 8:04 pm
VSG on 12/17/15

There isn't any good yoga in my area, I've tried a few studios over the years and they are far from being a no judgement zone here. :(

L. 68
on 2/15/16 7:44 pm

CONGRATULATIONS KELLY,

YOUR DOING IT

"Your not a failure if you fall your a failure if you fall and don't get up"

" Beauty is Pain"

(deactivated member)
on 2/15/16 8:05 pm
VSG on 12/17/15

Thanks! I think I'll join you in dancing.

CMR1075
on 2/15/16 10:56 pm
VSG on 01/15/16

Congrats! I too have recently got into some jeans that have been on a hanger for 2 years. My mother in law was in town this weekend and walking behind and told me those jeans looked too big. Well her exact words were "you have a saggy butt" lol. Normally someone might take that offensively but I just smiled and felt my jeans by the butt to see if it were true lol. Another great thing was I found my chin! Who knows where it's been hiding for so long 

Yoga is super awesome! I was doing hot yoga for 3 months about a year ago and I was devastated when they shut the place down because it was unlimited classes for $39 a month. It made my body so relaxed and felt great. Most of the ones around here are too expensive so I guess I will try the same with some at home yoga. 

ocean4dlm
on 2/16/16 2:30 am - Liverpool, NY
VSG on 05/27/15

Congratulations ! "Shopping your closet" is such fun ! When you increase activity and your losses briefly slow, be sure to check back with those smaller sizes. You will often drop a size faster than the actual pounds lost might indicate. Keep it up !

Age: 64; 5' 5"; High weight: 345; Start weight: 271 (01/05/15); Surgery weight: 218 (05/27/15); Pre-Op (-53); M 1 (-18); M 2 (-1.5); M 3 (-13.5 ); M 4 (-13); M 5 (- 8); M 6 (-12) M 7 (-5, Xmas); M 8 (- 9) Under surgeon's goal and REACHED HEALTHY BMI 12/07/15!! (Six months and one week.) AT GOAL month 8. Maintaining at goal range (139- 144) ~ four (4) years !!

LookingForOnederlan
d

on 2/16/16 11:37 am - Shelbyville, TN

Great success!! 

Sleeved on 6/19/2014  Hw 277  Sw 254   Cw  142  Gw 135

M1 -20  M2 -10  M3 -11  M4 -11  M5 -11  M6 -8  M7 -8  M8 -8  M9 -1  M10 -8  M11 -4  M12 -2  M13-18-5

ONEderland 10/15/2014

Most Active