Post surgery concern.

chicana1
on 2/16/16 6:34 am, edited 2/15/16 10:39 pm
VSG on 11/25/13

Hi! I am Two years post op and I've been experiencing the same symptoms. Unfortunately, the pain for me has become chronic, to the point that I cant sit in the same position no more than 10 mins. I am constantly rotating and shifting my body. I read on some forums that the pain has to do with the loss of mass/muscle and fat we once stored in that area and basically we have no cushion left. I believe it!  my butt is non existent now I sit in an upward forward position, use a small butt pillow and sometimes I tuck my leg under my butt. The pain is sooooo uncomfortable.

ubserved
on 2/16/16 10:55 am

I had thought of that, but my rear end was fine prior to surgery, after surgery the same day the problem began and has been ongoing ever since. So that rules out the weight loss aspect of it, in fact I gained like 5 pounds in the hospital in one day due to all the fluids they pushed via IV.

Sandra F.
on 2/16/16 8:39 am

I have experienced this as well and I personally think it is because I don't have as much cushion (fat) in that area to make me as comfortable as I was before.  Congrats on your NSV!

JudithJohnson
on 2/16/16 6:55 pm
VSG on 12/03/15

As you lose weight, your body is completely realigning about every 7 days. The reason i know this is because I work for a chiropractor. So as you go, things change, and things move and muscles you haven't used in a long time will get used and bones that have always enjoyed soft padding, all of a sudden are dealing with more pressure. Talk to a chiropractor and a massage therapist. I had the same problems, and regular spinal maintenance solved this for me.

Judith, 46, surgery date  12/3/15

SW: 317 CW: 210 GW: 180

ubserved
on 2/16/16 8:44 pm

I understand that, and if this occurred some time after surgery had occurred, then I would consider that as part of the process. What concerns me, is that I was fine going into surgery and after surgery, as in immediately after surgery, while still in the hospital this started. The thought of going to a massage therapist or physical therapist and saying my back side hurts, get to massaging, just doesn't sound too appropriate to me, not to mention I would probably get arrested for it lol. When I sit in my recliner, I have a pillow under me and that doesn't help that much. When I am at my home office chair, I have a donut pillow, which didn't help, so I put another regular pillow on top of that, not much better.  If I stand up, I'm fine, if I go lay down on the bed, I'm fine, just sitting sucks now and considering I do a lot of work at my desk, it's not very fun to endure.

Most Active