I don't want to eat (kinda long)

(deactivated member)
on 2/3/16 1:08 pm
VSG on 12/17/15

I will try that though I consistently get 64 oz a day, who knows maybe my body wants more? Thanks for your kind words Sandra.

michellemj
on 2/3/16 8:04 am

100% normal.

as everyone has said, just make sure you are hitting protein goals, and using shakes is completely fine to do so. and avoid dehydration at all costs. It make take some fiddling around to figure out what is best for that as well. Some folks can tolerate lemon or lime. Some prefer ice cold or room temp. For me, I could only stand Smar****er and it helped keep the electrolytes in check as well.

(deactivated member)
on 2/3/16 1:25 pm
VSG on 12/17/15

I can only do water if it has flavor enhancer (mio, crystal lite etc) and very cold upsets my tummy I usually do room temp or a bit cooler. But I am definitely not skimping on protein. But thank you for your assurance it is normal. :)

Karen D.
on 2/3/16 10:25 am - NY
Revision on 11/24/15

I went through that too.  I am finding that I don't have hunger now, but I want to eat because it's time.  Now that I've been back to work for a while I eat because it's noon or I know I'm going to exercise so I have a snack beforehand.  If I'm home, totally different, I don't eat by the clock.  But, that said, if I haven't eaten in a while I get a sick feeling in my stomach.  Like others said, I think it'll pass but make sure you get your protein in for healing and so you don't have hair loss months down the road.

(deactivated member)
on 2/3/16 1:29 pm
VSG on 12/17/15

Oh I am definitely not messing with hair loss (I am already having some despite consistently meeting or often exceeding protein goals) anymore than I have to and will be hitting protein goals. The nausea is the worst part honestly if it wasn't for that I could make myself eat more easily and not be so concerned with the whole thing. Food used to be comfort/joy and now learning it can't be that and isn't that is hard emotionally but I am working through it. 

michele1
on 2/3/16 2:52 pm
Revision on 07/07/15

I had it also and some things tasted strange and oh smells ugh! It is gone now and sometimes Iwi**** would come back ( not the nausea) the not wanting to eat.....I feel I can eat anything, I don't but want too.

Lapband 6/08 90 pounds lost!  Band slip and esophageal dilation diagnosed 5/15

LapBand removed, hernia repaired and sleeved 7/8/15

Most Active