"Skin Tight" is Making Me Angry!

finechocolate
on 1/29/16 2:47 am - Ayer, MA

Hello Neesie,

It makes me angry too! One thing I did notice with Lindsey from the new episode is that she gained weight back while recovering from the surgeries and nothing was said about that. What he (the doctor that made the statements about how losing weight w/out surgery was best) is that we can all lose weight (amounts vary) without WLS surgery. It's KEEPING the weight off long term. Another thing that makes me really angry (as you mentioned above) is that he said when you lose weight the "Good Öld fashion" way your skin does better and you have better outcomes then those who have had WLS. That is such Bull SH**!!! No matter how you lose the weight your skin has been stretched damaged and needs to be tightened. I have a question for him since they did it the "Good Old Fashioned Way" and have such better outcomes WHY DO THEY NEED HIM ??? Why are they on the show in the first place ????? They do not have better out comes then those of that have had WLS. Like others that have replied on here I believe he is new to performing surgery on people who have been obese and lost a huge amount of weight.  One last rant( I promise) is this: I don't like the image that he is giving to people watching the show (who are not obese) that having WLS is the easy way out and no disrespect White Dove but I don't think that having surgery is an easy way out. It is hard work. We have to fight this misconception daily. It is a stereotype. We still have to eat a healthy diet, exercise, take vitamins, track our food and exercise, change our whole lifestyle and way of thinking. We just have a tool so that when we are not able to exercise like after surgery we don't gain weight back (I know you gain weight from swelling and such but she gained a significant amount of  real weight back not swell hell weight) like Lindsey. I just know that I like all of you have worked too hard to think that my WLS was the easy way out. Just because we have been successful in keeping our weight off doesn't mean it has been easy and a walk in park!! We make hard choices everyday of what to eat whether or not to exercise. 

Neesie57
on 2/2/16 11:26 am
VSG on 08/04/15

Oh yeah, she gained 40 pounds while she was recovering.  Not good for recovery or surgery.  It's a good example of what can happen when the weight is lost quickly on your own.  

5' 5" tall. VSG on August 4, 2015/ Starting weight 239.9/ Surgery weight 210.9/ Current weight 137.4/ Goal weight 140/ No longer overweight, now a NORMAL weight. Now that I'm at goal, it's time to move on to maintenance!!!!!!!!

Most Active